We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland center for several days with the "country Christmas" package included.
The hotel is beautiful with waterfalls, numerous restaurants, a brook traversing through the property, fantastic Christmas lights and numerous activities available. The hotel is very similar to the Gaylord hotel in Orlando for those who may have visited this related property.
The hotel makes it easy to get around with a shuttle service to take visitors to some of the attractions that may be a longer distance they they care to walk. One bus went to the Shrek ice show, another to the Opryland Mills shopping center, and another one to the General Jackson showboat.
Our package included all of these events as well as a concert in the hotel by Lorri Morgan (great performance from a talented singer) and a show at the Grand Old Opry which was being held downtown during the "country Christmas" events at the hotel.
While the hotel offers many amenities and activities, and we enjoyed them all, it is an experience we would probably not repeat. It was very crowded. In fact, it was too crowded to walk comfortably, especially while dragging a suitcase to a room. There were waits required at the restaurants, a wait to see the concierge, and moving in some of the shops was an irritating experience as they were so filled with people.
The food at the restaurants was very good--and quite expensive. The food at the shows was mediocre. That is not unexpected as serving that many people in a short time is a challenge for any organization. I would have preferred a slightly lower price and eliminating the dinner portion of the shows as the food was usually overcooked, served cold or slightly warm and generally dried out and fairly predictable. You get what is served and if you think it is worth eating (or not), that is the dinner that is available.
We eat out more than we probably should but have developed a preference for good food served in a comfortable atmosphere. The roast beef, mashed potato, and string beans we were served were not bad but not very dissimilar to the TV dinners available from most grocery stores.
But, as one would expect from the country music capital of the world, the shows were outstanding with talented performers. The Rockettes were well worth seeing more than once and the country music performers also made the trip and the package a worthwhile experience.
All in all, it is a good experience. But, for those who may have visited Disneyland in Orlando, the look and feel (but with a touch of country charm lacking in the Orlando venue) will be vary familiar along with the crowds, the lines, and the high cost during the entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Prestigia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel