“Excellent!”

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed three nights at this hotel and it was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially when we got lost...and you will get lost. This hotel is HUGE. Our room did not open to the atrium, but it did not matter our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. This hotel is truly beautiful, the atrium's are lovely (yes more than one!). "The Falls" lounge was a great place to sit have a drink and just enjoy your surroundings!

There is a large mall in walking distance (they do offer a free shuttle!) The Grand Ole Opry is also a stones throw away (again free shuttle service). The downtown area "Broadway St." is close too, less than a fifteen minute drive. The General Jackson Showboat offers a great dinner and a show while you cruise on the Cumberland River. Lots to do and see close by.

We felt very welcome and I cannot think of anything that was missing with this hotel.

Room Tip: While the atrium rooms look great keep in mind that privacy is something you need to be careful with...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The facility may be the nicest I have seen of the Gaylord's, but the room situations here are HORRIBLE!!!!

From reservations being screwed up to being put in a room with groups of kids all around I can not tell you what was worse.

Last night for example a group of 30 plus kids were in the hallway at 11pm having a meeting with their "coach?" It took me calling security to get them to finally go to their rooms. Then all threw the night I fouls hear them running in the halls and blasting music, waking up my 11 month old daughter. Then this morning at 6am they begin walking down he hallway pounding on the doors they think their teammates are in yelling "GET UP!" This continued till after 8am and again required security.

I stay in a hotel almost once a week for work and never had an experience this bad. If I ever come again I would stay at the Hampton Inn next door and just come over to use the facilities!

Way over priced for the experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Gaylord provided fantastic support for an event I attended recently. The food was excellent. The room was spacious and clean. The airport and downtown transportation were convenient.

The only negative was the size of the facility. Each day I saw people trying to follow their maps and getting lost. I was close to being lost every time I left my room :-)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The place is huge but laid out in a way that you do not get lost the rugs change in color and style in each part of the Resort so it is easy to find your way.Everyone was nice and helped any time you asked.The front desk even got me 6th row tickets to the Grand Old Opry the same day I wanted to go and set me up on a but so I did not have to drive and find parking.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I came here for a 5 day conference. I got lost in the huge monstrous facility EVERY day I was here. Some workers cant even tell you how to get to locations though they seem confident in their answers to direct you. No close location to rooms to drop off luggage. My husband has a bad leg and had to walk through 2 or 3 buildings with all our luggage. The food accessibility was very week. No real sit down restaurants. And the few they have, you are lucky to find it. My employer paid $199 per night for plain, drab rooms that didnt even have a microwave. And that was a discounted rate. People are very friendly here and its like being on an island. If you dont drive here, i strongly recommend renting a car, byt just know you will pay $21+ for parking per day. More for valet. I came in November so theChristmas lights were gorgeous! It was a good experience but I wouldnt stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in room with balcony facing the gardens and atriums.
1  Thank vm d
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Here's the email I sent (but never received a response to) while I was at the hotel:

Hi,

My name is R***** L****** and I'm staying at your hotel right now. I arrived last night and unfortunately my experience has been pretty poor so far. Understand that I'm a sales guy in my 40's - I travel a lot and things are never perfect, but that's ok - I don't usually complain and if I do it's how the problem is handled that's important.
So let me tell you my story. I arrived last night after a 6 hour drive. I dropped my things in the room then went out for a client dinner. I returned to the room, tired and ready to go to bed around 8 pm. I pulled back the bedding and was greeted by a -large- stain that appeared to be blood. I considered just sleeping on the other side of the bed, but ended up calling your "make it right number" They were very nice and sent me to another room. So I loaded up and found the new room. But I couldn't get in because my key was not assigned to the new room. So I schlepped all my stuff back the front desk again (in a small hotel this is no big deal - here it's a pretty long way). They were very nice and offered a $100 credit. Fine. Problem solved, customer happy.

Fast forward to today. I dropped a sport coat off at 8:30 am with the concierge to be dry cleaned. I spent my day, then received a call to come pick up my coat at the front. OK, I'm used to laundry being delivered, but no big deal, I'll make the 5 minute walk back over. I get there, and am handed back the unlaundered jacked with the explanation that they don't know what happened, but it never made it to the cleaner. I needed that jacket tonight.

So, to add insult to injury, I think OK, let's check on the $100 credit thing maybe I can use it to help pay for a client dinner. The front desk person looks at me like I'm lying and tells me they "don't do that".

My frustration level is fairly high at this point. I doubt anyone will respond to this message, but I thought it would be fair to give someone one more chance before I post this to Trip Advisor and Google.
___________

No one ever responded. My feeling is that it's a really big place and sometimes they miss on the details.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for providing your feedback. Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team to alert them of these misses. I have sent a message to you via TripAdvisor messaging in hopes that we can connect. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is just huge and very Easy to get lost in. This was my 3rd visit for a conference and I really dread the place. Don't get me wrong the rooms are fine, the restaurants are ok, and the staff are helpful (though on my first visit one of the staff couldn't direct me to my room), it's just god awful huge, kind of like staying in the Mall of America.
If you"re visiting Nashville for fun I think you'd be better of staying downtown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business