We recently visited the hotel and satyed for one night. I was very excited to stay in the hotel for the Country Christmas festivities. We arrived early in the morning and checked our bags in and saw the excellent Radio City Rockettes show(Best part of the stay). After the show , around 130pm, we attempted to check into our room a little early albeit. The first issue we ran into was the reservation did not have connecting rooms, a major importance due to a 4y/o travelling with us. We were told our rooms would not be ready until after 3pm and they would call my cell phone when the rooms were ready. We decided to go and see the ICE show that was all hyped up. We got in line for the ice show and waited for almost 2 hours just to get into the freezer. No special treatment for actual hotel guests and no notice of how long the line was going to be. Not worth the wait. It took 20 minutes to walk through and slide down the ice slide. I was dissapointed at the wait time. Now it was coming up on 400pm and no phone call for the rooms. I went back to the desk and they told me the rooms were still not ready eventhough check-in is at 300pm. The desk person told me that they were full the night before and housekeeping was behind... no excuse hire more people..... We did not get into our room untill 10 minutes to five and had dinner reservations at 500pm.
The restaurant was cascades which was very good but, they must have been selling gold in the food because the bill was $275 for 3 adults with 1 bottle of the cheapest wine. I'm not sure why the food was so expensive. The next issue was that the hotel is so crowded that you cant do anything. Their is no special treatment for the people paying $200 - $300 per night. i WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN AND WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our Nashville hotel's climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. Near our hotel, take in some of the top attractions in the country like the Grand Ole Opry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Prestigia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel