“Great Room, Tons to see, Issues with food.”

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Opryland Hotel for 2 nights for an US Army couples retreat. Everything was included for us, room-food-parking. The room was beautiful (although another couple on the same retreat got a bigger, nicer suite-like room which definitely was not right) very clean & modern, safe, tv, the works. The resort itself is amazing & you cannot see everything in a weekend-even though we tried. We were lucky enough to get to see it decorated for Christmas, and it was truly amazing. They do an awesome job. Remember this hotel is HUGE, I made the mistake of wearing high heels the first day & it killed my feet. Flats or sneakers are a must.
On the negative side, the food is mediocre for the price. We had a voucher for each meal ($15-breakfast, $15-lunch, $30-dinner) and it barely covered the price. We ate at Fuse Sports Grille for dinner 2 nights and we had issues with our orders on both occasions. The 2nd night they even gave us our voucher back.
Overall we had an amazing time even with the few set backs :) We would/will go back again someday!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (9,631)

Reviewed December 11, 2011

i really enjoyed my stay at opryland hotel. fabulous decor, very friendly staff excellent food. my
cousin & i enjoyed the lively conversation from bellhops to check-in staff. we learned alot about the hotels' history and were told a wonderful story regarding the flood that closed the hotel down.
the staff were so happy to work for the gaylord company, they were so good to the employees during
the rough times. i would recommend staying here at least once; you'll want to come back again.
it's worth the money you pay; i would pay a bit more for excellent service the hotel has. the decor is beautiful any where you look; our room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable. room service was excellent!!!! do yourself a favor and stay at the opryland hotel just one time; it's an
experience you'll never forget!!!

Room Tip: room was great, but i booked a premium with balcony for next visit
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Just home from a trying weekend at Opryland. Although the hotel is decorated in the grandest and most beautiful fashion the customer service leaves much to be desired. We opted for valet parking upon arrival due to the fact that we had our infant grandson and all of the stuff that accompanies a baby to carry. Valet was very efficient, glad we used this service. We promptly checked in, it was around 6p.m. We were given our room and this is where the challenge began. First of all the room was what seemed like miles away from check in! Upon opening the door to the room we realized that the room had yet to be cleaned. After driving all day, walking to what seemed like the ends of the earth carrying an infant and a baby in arms that was needing to be fed I was not a happy camper. We called the front desk and were told that they were sorry but we would just have to wait until they could get someone to clean it. Didn't we know this was their busiest time of year? After hanging up it occurred to me that sorry wasn't good enough and called back insisting that they at least comp us dinner while we sat and waited( til who knows when, no time frame given) for the room to be ready. As we were on the phone the valet arrived with our luggage so we had them put it in the closet. The front desk person called me back after we hiked back to the restaurant area and informed me that the best they could do is give us breakfast passes!She said that they would arrive under our door some time during the night. So on we went to dinner at their buffet restaurant ( food was slim pickings and not very good).We had a
$100 credit from the package I had purchased and had all intentions of partially using it for this meal. As luck would have it, we were informed that they could not charge the meal to the room because that machine was not working and we would have to pay by credit card!Needless to say ,even with all the twinkling lights around me I was not feeling the Christmas spirit, matter of fact at this point I was almost in tears. Well guess what? ....the breakfast passes never showed up! I called the front desk, of course now all new people and after 10 minutes on hold the gentleman said that they had the passes and would send them up right away which did happen and all was well with that. When we finally got into our room it was generally clean however right in the middle of the floor was a french-fry???Guess they did not bother to vacuum. On a positive note many of the staff at the hotel were friendly and accommodating. The place is just beautiful. The grounds are to die for. The massive amounts of people at the hotel was way too much for me. Really hard to even walk around, bumper to bumper people! Don't think I will ever go there again especially not at Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Thank you for posting your review. I was disheartened to read of your troubles as the lack of room cleanliness and poor service are certainly not within our resort standards. I have shared your review with our executive leadership team to help ensure this will not happen in the future. I have sent you a message via TripAdvisor in hopes that we can connect to gather additional information. My sincere apologies to you.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Opryland hotel is a destination, not just a hotel at Christmas. The standard rooms are no larger than a typical Holiday Inn, but the furnishings are upscale and the bathroom products were superior! I had a single King room with an exterior, parking lot view. The hotel has SEVERAL different restuarants and rooms service. I had a $19.95 room service breakfast that I ordered the night before ot be delivered at 8:30am. At 8:29am, I had my breakfast. Eggs, Hashbrown Caserole, Toast Sausage links, butter, preserves, a cooked tomatoe, asparagus and orange juice. It was hot and delicious. Check out was fast and done through the TV. Parking is $18 per day even if you are a guest. There is a $15 per day resort fee. I would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for a discount or upgrade. Be polite and grateful and sometimes it works.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2011

A beautiful property. Decorated to the max for the holidays. When I inquired about the number of poinsiettas in the hotel, and was told 15,000, I was not at all surprised. It is definitely a place to visit at least once. Take note, when I say visit, you can stay almost anywhere in Nashville at reasonably priced hotels, and still visit the Opryland Hotel for the price of parking, which is $18.00. No mistake here. Sefl parking is $18.00. Valet is $26.00. OR.....you can park off the property for no charge, near the mall which is still being renovated, and walk in to the property, just to see the place. It is enormous. You can not see the entire first floor in less than an hour or so. It is broken into sections, and you should see all of it, as each section has a different theme. The hotel rooms are extremely pricey and food and drinks are over the top. The food is excellent, but again very pricey. I would suggest staying elsewhere, but definitely take the time to see the hotel. It is beautiful.

Room Tip: The atrium rooms overlooking the Cascades are not quiet rooms, as the waterfalls create a lot of noi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Nashville's jewel, Opryland Resort. I was on a bus trip with 50 others and found it to be very very nice. A greeter came on board our bus to explain things to us, and - to my surprise!- another employee came on the bus to thank us for staying with them when we left. We had a standard room overlooking the Atrium in the Cascades section. Room was on the small side, however we had a balcony overlooking the atrium. Very comfortable beds and all meals and snacks were excellent. Hotel grounds are well groomed and very clean. I am fussy and I loved it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We Love going to stay at Gaylord Opryland Resort. We always get a balcony room which overlooks the inside atrium, which is absolutely beautiful with greenery, waterfalls and flowers as well as being able to people watch. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the beds are so comfortable. We used valet parking since my mother is handicapped and it was easier for her. She is 89 and loves to stay here more than anywhere else. Everyone on the staff and very helpful and friendly. Everything is in-house you need and it is a complete vacation, but you do have to consider the resort fee along with the room charge and the valet parking charges. It can be expensive, but for us, it is worth it!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the atrium!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family