“Dispel those fears”

Yarrawonga Holiday Park
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I selected the park prior to reading the last two reviews, which I might add did concern me. The park was selected due to location as we were meeting friends from the Central Coast of NSW that were enroute via caravan to SA. Upon booking in given the last reviews i did not know what to expect. Michelle was behind the reception desk on both check in, and check out, and I found her friendly and happy to assist with our request, which was to be moved from our original Deluxe cabin to one across the road from our friends, that was addressed with no issues at all. The pricing, would be the only issue as even though the Children had gone back to school and the holiday season is over the cabins price point in my mind should be for the Deluxe cabin during this period between $80-$90, with the additional charges if more that two people are in residence. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Be aware that during any holiday season I would imagine this park being extremely large and given it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Cabins are very expensive and are also very sub-standard. I have never paid such a high price for such poor accommodation. One would expect that if you pay $200 per night to stay in a Caravan Park cabin that they would be (as they are named) 'Deluxe" but they are far from this.

Also, park managers are rude and extremely unhelpful. I will never ever stay at this park again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ky J
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have been going up to Yarrawonga for years, however I haven't stayed at the Holiday Park for a while. Just last week I went up with the kids for a few days..We stayed at the Holiday park as the kids wanted to do a bit of camping and wanted to sleep in a tent. I thought it would be fun and I guess it was, until someone decided to take my brand new bathers and sundress (Seafolly). A present from my Mum for Christmas!!!

I left them in the shower block (my mistake) but it wasn't long before I went back to grab them after realising I had left them behind, to find they were gone:-(

When I went to Reception the lady behind the desk didn't really care..I asked if she could find out if the cleaner had picked them up..She wouldn't call her even though the cleaner had a mobile??? I went back later and the guy behind the desk was a bit more helpful..He at least called the cleaner on her mobile after I asked him to..

Things have certainly changed because never once was anything taken when I went camping there all those years ago (and during the peak times when they was a lot more people about).

It is under different Management from those days.....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tards28
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This Caravan park is situated close to shops and the clubs at Mulwala. The river Murry meanders past the front of the park and the facilities are clean. The Loverly lawn campsites with shade trees are large with plenty of room for big vans. Overall a great place to spend a few days.

Room Tip: I was in a caravan that I own and it was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trevor333340
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

What a great location 1.6km from transition, right on the river with all the facilities a family needs. Spent two nights is a standard cabin for the Yarrawonga Multisport Festival. Great regional Victoria event with kids and short distance events on Saturday and Sprint & Olympic Distance Triathlons on Sunday. The hospitality was great, even though checkout was at 10am we were invited to use the ammenaties to shower and freshen up after the events. The facilities were clean and had everything one needs for self catering and laundering. The Main St is within walking distance to three pubs, pizza and pasta joints for the triathlete, chicken shops, subway plus bakeries galore. Highly recommend this venue especially if you have kids.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We always call in on our way North. It is a good caravan park, but this time we were close to the train track and at 3.00am in the morning the train was shunting and running it's loud engine until 4.30am, god knows what it was doing. So word of advice get a spot away from the train tracks, never know when they are coming through. This is my second review on this caravan park.

Room Tip: Try the Golf Club for cheap Tuesdays dinners, good value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cbak748
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here as a treat for our last 2 nights of our holiday and it was worth it. Everything was neat and tidy. The amenities were very clean and up to date. The laundry was also clean and tidy. The only downer for us was that the river was about 4-5 feet lower than usual as they were not letting any water go from the lake. The staff were very helpful and polite also. We had no trouble sleeping as it was so quiet. Also it was in walking distance to town

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KLM1057
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarrawonga
Club Mulwala
19 mi away
Barooga Golf View Motel
Barooga Golf View Motel
#2 of 3 in Barooga

Been to Yarrawonga Holiday Park? Share your experiences!