“You would have to be pretty desperate.”
Review of Tarra Yarram Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tarra Yarram Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yarram
Reviewed March 13, 2011

What is a pretty average motel (outdated furnishings, no toiletries, basic facilities) is made so much worse by the outright rude attitude of the staff. Presumably they are also the owners, which makes their behaviour unbelievable. Perhaps more of their time could go into renovating or thoroughly cleaning the bathrooms than chasing their guests for additional expenses.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed April 25, 2009

We ended up in Yarram on our way to Melbourne and had no where booked. We checked out the local pub accomodation, my seven year told me he thought it was haunted and I think I agree, probably great for backpackers. We then drove up the street to the motel, my husband chacked out the motel and I went next door to the caravan park which had cabins advertised. Motel was $98 and cabin was $95 we thought a cabin woulf be a bit novel so paid and went to cabin. The cabin was a 1950's caravan with no wheels, ords can't desribe how disgusting the cabin was, I asked for a refund and then off the to motel. Given what we had just experienced I would have paid $103 more to stay here. Nice big room, clean bathroom swimming pool. Great motel in a great town

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank jodi06
Reviewed April 25, 2008

The Tarra Motel is one of only two in this pleasant country town which was once the last major stop on the now closed South Gippsland rail line.

As the name implies, it is close to the small but treasured Tarra Bulga National Park with its ferns and most importantly famous lyrebirds, the Australian bird that is a ground-dweller but can mimic many other sounds including other animals and birds if I recall.

The deluxe suite was well appointed for an Australian country motel and the price at around A$90 reasonable.

Room lighting could do with improvement but this is a common problem for accommodation outside Australian capital cities.

Car parking was adequate, the proprietors were friendly and there were no noise problems from other motel guests.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Victorianlad

Been to Tarra Yarram Motel? Share your experiences!