Stayed in a prviledge spa suite. Three main complaints: 1. Bathroom smelt bad. Toilet stank of urine when we arrived. Horrible sewerage smell coming out of drains after using the shower and spa bath.
2. Noisy - every time someone knocked on a door nearby it sounded like ours and we kept getting up to answer the door. Could hear the whole conversations of people walking in the walkway in front of our block of rooms. Felt that for a premium room in a quiet tranquil setting there should have been more of a feeling of privacy.
3. Very expensive. $395 for the night. Expected the room to be flawless and it was not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa is ideally located in the heart of the Yarra Valley less than 1hr from Melbourne CBD & Airport. Boasting contemporary first class spa suite accommodation with spectacular views across the valley, Rae’s Restaurant, Cellar Door with complimentary wine tasting 7 days, Health Club, Natskin Spa Retreat, modern conferencing and leisure facilities plus more! Whenever you visit, you are guaranteed a memorable stay in the heart of Victorian wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Hotel Yarra Glen
- Balgownie Vineyard Retreat Hotel
- Balgownie Vineyard Retreat Resort
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa Yarra Glen, Yarra Valley, Australia