I got a special voucher on cudos for 2Nights in a privilige suites for $399 and it was well worth it!! I prob wouldnt have purchased the rooms for its full price though.. just couldnt justify that. The room itself was rather nice. Wasnt as big as I thought it would be considering they entitle it "privilige" but it was a good size with balcony, spacious lounge, big bathroom (with a big round spa that took a little while to fill but all worth it and adequate bedroom. We had room 314 which was close to the parking area and to the restaurant/cellar and health facililties (which we didnt have time to enjoy).
C/I and C/O process was quick and we were served by a ERIK a lovely front office staff which provided us with all necessary information and effectively managed our toilet blockage problem. The Cuvee and strawberry on arrival was a nice first meet and greet touch!
Our special deal included breakfast for both days which was fantastic as we were able to rise up abit late and just walk to the restaurant and had their buffet meal which was rather nice with good varieties in hot and cold food. The Nespresso machine and T2 tea varieties was put into good use. So I do recommend booking the b/fast deal if you're staying here. We also had dinner there at Rae's Restaurant the first night as we realised there was no kitchenette just a microwave in the room. It was the choice of 2 or 3 course meal and since we were there for our 2nd year anniversary we decided on the 3 course meal. Dinner booking was not allowed between 7-8pm which was wierd coz there were alot of tables available during the time we were there from 6.30..? Although the dishes were nice alot of the ingredients didnt complement each other (like previous posts have stated). Our dinner took way over 2 hrs coz each courses took about 30min or so to come out.. so by the time we got back to our room we were exhausted!!
I do recommend the Mandala's Wines restaurant nearby - The food was more local and Organic which was what you expect to get for the Yarra Valley. They're abit quiet maybe because the name isnt out there yet but the place is rather nice and service was great.
Other then that.. with some many different vineyards out there I think the Yering Station Winery is a must visit! - Great local produce and wine. Also try our Domaine Chandon and try to come for the guided tour at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.. if you wanna know abit more abt how wine are made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa is ideally located in the heart of the Yarra Valley less than 1hr from Melbourne CBD & Airport. Boasting contemporary first class spa suite accommodation with spectacular views across the valley, Rae’s Restaurant, Cellar Door with complimentary wine tasting 7 days, Health Club, Natskin Spa Retreat, modern conferencing and leisure facilities plus more! Whenever you visit, you are guaranteed a memorable stay in the heart of Victorian wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Hotel Yarra Glen
- Balgownie Vineyard Retreat Hotel
- Balgownie Vineyard Retreat Resort
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa Yarra Glen, Yarra Valley, Australia