“Simple but nice meals”

Yarra Valley Grand
Ranked #14 of 29 Restaurants in Yarra Glen
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We welcome you to a place filled with eclectic charm, quality pub food, an extensive range of local wines and brew matched with live free music every weekend.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had dinner there and enjoyed our meals. Nothing flash but all tasted good and at a reasonable price. Service was excellent.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a function in their dining room for 33 people. Service was perfect. Not a single person disliked their meal & the staff went above & beyond. Setting up the tab went smoothly & the extra little things like turning a cake we bought in ourselves look like a desert they made in house went over a treat with guests.

My husband and myself frequent this venue & are always wowed by our neaks & the service. If I had to find a bad point it would be that on a busy Sunday you can be waiting up to an hour for meals. But food is worth the wait

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Exceptional restaurant quality meals. Very creative with the ingredients and the presentation was a work of art. We went there on a Saturday night. It appeared to be under staffed. It took a long time to be served at the bar. We also had to clear our table of dirty plates. But the food was to die for. Dessert was amazing. Would highly recommend . And what a beautiful old pub

1  Thank muffymuff
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visited Yarra Glen for a short day trip on the weekend.
The bistro at the Grand is ideal for young kids with an indoor play area. There are other dining areas which provide either privacy for groups or quiet dining. The hotel was comfortably warm with a relaxing old time atmosphere.

The kids meals are excellent value, providing a generous meal, drink and jelly with a chocolate frog. My wife had a very nice Fennel soup and entree Croquettes.
I had a special of the day which was not to my taste as it was too salty and oily. I sent it back.
They did offer me alternatives which I declined, no refund. Instead I shared some of the kid's meals that they could not finish.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had my birthday dinner here. The meal was nice for pub food. The menu was as expected pub fair, but quite extensive. Given it was a pub they were a little $$ for the service - which is self ordering ath the register and they bring the food out to you. The bistro interior design did have some quirks to it.