“Dishonesty of being overcharged wrecks stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Warragul Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Warragul
Sydney, Australia
“Dishonesty of being overcharged wrecks stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I telephoned ahead and spoked to a lovely friendly girl and was cordially greeted when we arrived, the usual questions were asked about price and breakfast charges etc.

The room was amazing, modern and very clean, it has to be one of the best Best Westerns we had stayed in. We slept well and went to have breakfast.

Breakfast was ok pretty average for a best western. When I paid my bill I was shocked that the owner wanted to change the price on me saying because I have a son (5yr old) I should pay $20 more for accommodation and I should of told them I had a child, I was shocked as I told him that I did inform the girl that there were three of us, & its not my problem if his worker has not put down that I had a 5 yr old with me. Then I handed over my card without thinking that he was going to overcharge me in breakfast to make up for the $20 when he put my card through I questioned the amount before signing but the sneaky man had approved it on the machine before I signed it so it went through. I paid for breakfast for two adults and a child $75, tell me that this is fair! A 5 yr old that ate a piece of bread and drank a glass of juice.

So my accom rate was $89 compared to breakfast $75, tell me this does not sit right. I was informed continental and or hot breakfast (consists of one egg and one rasher of bacon with toast) is $20 per adult. Even if my son paid full price this still does not equate to $75.

I telephoned as an anonymous customer to find out how much the room and brekkie was and I got the same person that served me and he stated $20.

PLEASE BE WARE IF YOU ARE GOING TO EAT EITHER PRE PAY OR DONT SIGN YOUR CARD UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR BEING CHARGED FOR.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Blossomgirl06
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Warragul Motel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Blossomgirl06,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you liked the room but I am sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast tariff. It is $20 per person for a continental buffet with a supplement of just $5 for a full cooked breakfast. I hope that clears up any misunderstanding. I hope we may see you again next time you are visiting Warragul
Peter
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for a week for work and was a fantastic week. Noise from other guests was next to nothing. Recently renovated I think (it sure looks like it) Everything you could need with a lounge in the room, double bed, bunk bed, shower, fridge, sink, television with foxtel and small table plus in room heating/cooling. Was very comfortable and the owners/operators of this motel we're fantastic and very friendly.

Pillows we're very soft and comfortable and complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits we're fantastic. Room was very clean and was made up for me each day. Felt very homely for my weeks stay.

Close but far at the same time from central Warragul. If you we're to walk, prob a good 30 minute walk but by car 5 minutes to central where you'll find food, shopping etc

Highly recommend staying here if your stopping for work or passing through!

Room Tip: All rooms would be good rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Helpful owner, and good value for a family of 5 with young kids. Family room #15 comfortable with King bed, electric blankets and a bunk bed for two of our kids, They provided a rollaway for our 3yo. Table seats 3 plus a sofa. Comfortable room. Only thing was that the bathroom didn't have sealed windows, I assume for ventilation, but a extrator fan would have solved this issue. Very cold midnight trips to the toilet!

Room Tip: Motel has 16 refurbished rooms; it is not in town itself, but a good location - you will need a car
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

nice clean rooms, had a family room, double and a bunk, will book there again, only drawback is its on the edge of town on the old princess highway

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Loved the hotel - its rooms are like 5 star accomodation. Soft fluffy pillows, nice touches such as Robert Timms coffee bags, complimentary toothbrush/paste, shaver, free pair of slippers etc. Room was very clean and the owner is very customer orientated. Its also close to one of the better restaurents in Warragul, Warragul Thai and if you need your groceries, an Aldi. Good business hotel, no pool though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

On first impressions a small typical country motel, however the rooms have been fully refurbished with modern finishes and are very good quality.
Excellent king size bed, flat screen TV, aircon and spotless bathroom. The room was quiet, even though it was close to the highway, and very comfortable. Room was small, but fine for an overnight stay.
Very pleasant and accommodating owner providing excellent value for money in a really convenient location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

To say I was blown away by this place is an understatement. My husband and I have stayed in Hotels and Motels across the length and breadth of this geat country and are both in agreeance that this quiet little Country Motel deserves every one of its 4 star rating (unlike some places).

The owner cannot do enough for his guests (in a quiet, unassuming way).The Motel photos are exactly what you will find when you arrive. And everything is spotlessly clean.

My only request would be for some kind of playground for small kids to make this place even more perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warragul
Mercure Warragul
Warragul Gardens Holiday Park
Yarragon Motel
Yarragon Motel
#1 of 1 in Yarragon

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Warragul Motel? Share your experiences!