“Never Again”

Comfort Inn Trawool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trawool
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Booked in for a mothers day Lunch 12.30 1 week before, After waiting 45 min we had to go ask bar staff for service and Menus, at 2 pm had to go ask bar staff if we could get someone to take our Order, When Placing the order we asked if it would be long as we had waited so long and we were told No, At 3 pm we hadn't even got our entrees and asked wait staff how much longer we would have to wait as we had been there 2 hours ? He never returned, A lady returned and advised they had 2 tables of 12 to serve first then they would start on our meals and offered us a free garlic bread, we told them not to worry about it and left on the way out we over heard the chef b i t c h i n g about us saying we hadn't waited 2 hours at all( this may be correct as your staff took 1 hour to take our order) A chicken Parma was $32 and the ones I seen get severed to other tables were No better then a local Pub $10 pot n Parma,
Good luck with your business Trawool with service like this you will need all the luck you can get,

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Robert H
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Trawool

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Pulled in Saturday 8th March 2014 at approximately 5.40pm. Myself and my wife were told the only room available was the $300 "honeymoon" suite which we took. Cracked walls, tv not working, shower door completely missing, brokeken shower fittings, wow!! (And i took photos just to show our friends). We were advised that they were busy and that we could only have a 6.15pm booking in the restaurant which only gave us half an hour to unpack, shower and get to our table. The meal was very nice however we shared it with flies on a wobbly table. We then went to the bar to pay for our meal and decided to get 2 bottles of powerade as there was no water in the fridge in our room. We were given our bottles, one with an expiry date of April 2013 and the other was November 2013. The (older) gentleman that served the drinks to us laughed and said 'they must have come on the first every coke truck delivery' and seemed a little put off when I told him I didn't want them. We were told that they do not do any hot breakfast and that we had to go to the dining area and help ourselves but when we got there at 8.20am, there was a group of people (Vietnam vets doing a bike ride, with respect) holding a meeting in the dining area and we could not access any food. We then went back to our $300 room, packed our things, dropped our room key through the unattended front office security grille and left. Looks reasonable from the outside and the food was great. Service was very very average, attitude of the (older) gentleman and lady was poor and the inside appeared to be suffering from lack of maintainance. Myself and my wife are approaching our 50's and are very patient relaxed and accepting people, but this was the worst place that I have stayed and it was an insult to my intelligence and my wallet and I would HIGHLY recommend that you choose accomodation elsewhere. We have done a lot of travelling and this is the first time I have every written a review and it was only to warn other travellers to steer clear of this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Brad O
Reviewed January 18, 2014

So booked in for one night. Place all closed up at 8:30. Couldn't get a drink. Hotel closed. Owner /manager rude. I was told this isn't a resort. Well change the name then I'm sorry it is called Trawool Valley Resort. Pool dirty and uninviting and this was in the middle of summer. Place needs a major overhaul. Bed comfy but no cold water for even a cold drink on a hot day. Quite noisy in the rooms given the small number of guests - walls paper thin. Breakfast basic. Very expensive for a standard room without any extras.

Room Tip: Don't bother particularly if you arrive after 8pm. Bring your own food, drinks as nothing avail...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lornagolf
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I went there for an anniversary through Cudo and from the photos and expensive price of $190 a night (for a spa room), thought it would be a decent place. Thankgoodness we only paid half that or we would have left. (Although, paying ahead with vouchers ties you in anyway!) The views are great but the hotel doesn't use it or give you any place to sit and enjoy it. An outside seating area would have been lovely! The windows in our room were tiny and you had to stand up right against it to see the view. The tennis court & recreation areas are run down and the pool fithy with weeds growing out of the spa! Our room was passable (and very clean) but nothing special and little repairs needed everywhere. NOT worth anything near $190 a night! The photos on the website are beautiful and misleading... must have been taken some time ago. Apart from the bike/walking track, there is nothing at Trawool so we spent the day driving around the hills and enjoying wineries and restaurants at neighboring towns.

There is no mobile access unless you are with Telstra and no landline access to your room after 8pm or so at night! We had left, albeit adult, teenagers at home and would have liked 24hr access to them. There should be a direct no. through to each room!!

The breakfasts are dismal with only cereal and toast available. No coffee machine, only instant.

We wish we'd spent a bit more money and gone to a much nicer place. Bargains are only good if they are a real bargain... this was not!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HJD001
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Had to stay at the hotel for 2 weeks due to relocation with the army and upon arrival were told that they had not been advised of our early arrival and our room with kitchen was already booked out. We would have to settle for a room with no kitchen or go somewhere else.

Service was disgusting and our room was not serviced the entire time we were there. Our stay was over Christmas and we went into Melbourne for the majority of it as we could not stand staying at the hotel.

Not allowed to cook in the kitchen, not even a microwave. And the reception closed over Christmas until January which left us with no access to bistro or other facilitaties.

Would not recommend this place to anyone and warn others to stay away!!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Anon1111122
shaz606, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trawool, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I thank you for your response, but I am very disgusted with the untruth you wrote. When you checked in to our hotel our owner advised you that the Room with the full kitchen was still being used by another army person who's up lift had changed by one day AOT was informed the room was cleaned and ready for you and your family to move into at 9am the next day . You and your Family stayed one night and headed to Melbourne with closing all curtains and dead locking the door. Our Cleaners worked up to the 24thof Dec with other army staying and have noted that you were not staying in your room. The restaurant closed on the 22nd of December at 6pm, but our Cold Breakfast was still available each morning between 8-10am. At no time did you come to Reception and voice your concern or ring the after hours number in compendium in your room.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hi, we recently purchased another voucher for the Comfort Inn at Trawool, after a nice visit using a Cudo voucher last year.

We booked this option:
Option One: Only $159 instead of $330 for two people to stay two nights in a Standard Room - anytime including weekends.

However, when we arrived we were told we had to pay a $40 room upgrade surcharge. The staff member was really nice, but said she had to call someone, I assume it was the owner who came and she was the rudest person I have ever experienced in my life at a hotel. She said if I was not happy to pay the upgrade we could "just get back in our car and drive home". This was in the bistro as we arrived at 8:15pm (as arranged) and people were watching and it was very embarrassing. In the end we agreed on $20 extra and I paid it in cash.

This was a disgusting display from the Comfort Inn at Trawool. I didn't book an upgrade and had the Cudo voucher with me. They tricked me into paying extra money on top of the voucher.

The owner was so rude. I am was not happy and would love to post this negative feedback elsewhere as Cudo customers need to know the unscrupulous business practices that Comfort Inn at Trawool have. So disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lee3199
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights through the Trawool website for $179 and were out the back in a 7 room area, not in the main building. Had always passed by Trawool resort and mentioned would love to stay there, but not anymore! From the outside the resort looks really good and enticing, but on the inside it is tired and needs quite a bit of work-we struggled to open our flywire sliding door because it was broken and on the second night there was no hot water for a desperately needed shower after a day of activity. My husband reported our dilemma and a very nice staff member came to our aid, we went out for dinner in Yea and upon our return the problem had not been fixed -no hot water! We rang reception but the office was closed (after 6pm) so then my husband had to go and find someone to find out what was happening- the office said they had tried ringing us whilst we were out. My husband spoke to the owner only to be told the master switch needed replacing and couldn't be done until Monday, so "sorry there's no hot water until then" -and this was Saturday! My husband then asked if there was shower in the main building that we could use and was told no, all rooms were booked - we could wait until the next morning after other guests had checked out! He then asked for an extra kettle so we could boil up some water to have a bath. (no offer of a reimbursement for the inconvenience!)
The tennis courts were dreadful with broken nets and uneven surfaces with the artificial grass being ripped and hence the surface uneven. To use the dirty BBQ in an unkempt area cost an unbelievable $50 and if utensils were to be used this had an added cost of $20-obviously the owners don't wish anyone to use the facility at this price. Another added cost in this resort is $24 to use the squash court which we didn't even bother to look at. Breakfast was passable with toast and cereal but more selection would be great and something to look forward to first thing in the morning!
We also noticed in the 7 room complex we were staying in that our room was the only one without a couch, so my husband went and asked if we could have one so we could watch TV and not have to sit on the bed. He was told "no, you've got 2 chairs", but so did all the other rooms. Another friendly staff member then obliged and got one for us.
On the plus side the view was good, we used the bike trail, fished in the river and enjoyed ourselves but were quietly disappointed in the "resort".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 17cameron1717
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trawool
Comfort Inn Coach & Bushmans
Trawool Cottages and Farmstay
New Crossing Place Motel

Been to Comfort Inn Trawool? Share your experiences!