“Best Food for miles”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Food for miles”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

After eating in many restaurants in many suburbs including Carlton you would be hard pressed to find as good as food any where. A few of us have eaten here on many occasions and just about eaten every thing on the menu, never being disappointed. I would highly recommend the Rib eye steak, the salt & pepper calamari and for pizza lovers the Mafia pizza is a must. You will return. Did I mention all the prices a very reasonable if not cheap. You would be happy if you received these meals at South Bank and they cost more than half the price.Try it

• Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went to this restaurant on a wednesday night and it was full, luckily had a reservation. The service was very good and didn,t have to wait very long. The food was excellant and I had entree size which was still large. Try the banana crepe it was delicious. There was six ladies in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. Well worth a visit to this restaurant.

Visited December 2012
Melbourne
“First Class”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Sunburys secret is Vic's ..Best home style Italian food and plenty of it.Service is excellent food is just superb and served hot..Atmosphere is typical of a little Italian cafe, buzzing with anticipation as we watch the beautiful meals appear. Grilled seafood platter for one just super..Salt & pepper calamari to die for and the seafood pancake, well that was so huge and full of seafood.. Coming back again and again...

• Visited December 2012
Sunbury, Australia
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have eaten at Vic's many times as I am a Sunbury local - because lets face it, there isn't a wide selection in this area. Unfortunately, it's service and food quality is very inconsistent from visit to visit. I have to admit, the first time I had the pumpkin gnocci - I was blown away. The gnocci itself was homemade and really quite lovely - I guess I have been revisiting hoping to get that quality again, alas, I have not. In fact, over the last 18 months, I have noticed it steadily deteriorate. The service generally is lacking, and the manager is rude. However, I will give Vic's it's due, I have had the seafood platter on three separate occasions, and each time it has been exceptional. It has always been fresh and perfectly cooked. I have recommended it to numerous friends, and they have never been disappointed with that particular dish either.

This is a family run restaurant, and whilst I respect that, I do not enjoy having to compete with the managers screaming child on his hip whilst he is trying to 'serve' me (and I use the term loosely) lunch. Overall the staff are quite friendly, however, you can tell they have a high turnover. Mistakes are commonplace, but they seem unwilling to rectify them. They prefer to simply avoid the customer by hiding in the bar.

The restaurant itself is quite attractive, unfortunately, they have tried to cram too many tables into a small space - and whilst I admit I am not exactly tiny, I do expect to be able to fit my six foot two frame into a seat without half mounting the diners beside me.

Price wise - when the chefs are on point, I have no issues with it - it's quite reasonable - however, when one does price point at the level they have, one expects a level of consistently good food and service. Vic's do not provide this.

Wine list is okay - nothing special - however, the manager pushed a pinot noir on me and it was hands down the worst thing I have ever tasted. I would not trust his taste or recommendations - stick to what you know and feel free to ask them to open a fresh bottle - that goes for soft drink as a mixer also.

My final thoughts, when Vic's is good, it's wonderful, but when it's bad - it's preferable to get a dominos pizza and eat it in the gutter.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank McGeorge_12
Gold Coast, Australia
“Beautiful Food - Fantastic Service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have visited this little restaurant many many times on my visits to Sunbury and I must say each time I have its been fantastic. The staff are so welcoming, the food is out of this world. Not only is it value for money each dish I have had is plentiful in size, presentation has been second to none and best of all you can BYO wine - a huge bonus when dining out. As soon as you walk in the door it wreaks with atmosphere. Well done Vic's - you do a fantastic job!!

• Visited October 2012