“Sunbury favorite”

Add it.
soltan pepper
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Been here on 2 occassions already and its just opened in the last few weeks
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We dined in this restaurant tonight. Service was very good our drink order was taken as soon as we sat down and we did not have to wait long for our meal order to be taken. My entree the pumpkin soup was lovely, my partner ordered the calmari and he advised was delicious and presented well on the plate. Our mains were tasty I ordered the salmon and my partner ordered the 600g rib eye which was a very large serve and cooked to his liking. The only downfall was the amount of small children from one table running amuck around the restaurant which is not the restaurants fault. This restaurant is great value for the money and we will return again in the future.

1  Thank RayleneL

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I no longer visit Soltan Pepper and it is for this reason - the meals are too big. If they were smaller, I might be tempted to try dessert - maybe even an entree. As it is, I'm struggling to finish a mains. Their menu has not changed for some time and in a small community, this spells 'stale'.

1  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed June 22, 2012

It is a beautiful restaurant that lacks the food to go with it. The Romsey restaurant was better for food. It has the potential to be an awesum place if only they listened to there customers.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We dined at your sunbury restaurant today as part of a large group.
As a coeliac I was pleased to see the GF options on your website beforehand and the menu on site, especially the chips.
When I placed my order I asked if the chips were GF as marked on the menu. I was told that the chips were but the oil they were cooked in was not. If that's correct then the chips clearly are not GF and you need to adjust the menu to reflect this. I always ask, regardless as to the declaration on menus, but I know other coeliacs that trust what is written on the menus and don't ask. While the group enjoyed their meals, I was disappointed about this and nervous about my meal.
You have wrongly and dangerously advertised to guests who have trusted that you have taken due care with their health. My husband and I will not dine there again and I hope that you will ensure your staff know the potential dangers of serving gluten to a coeliac.

1  Thank TeresaV20
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was given a voucher for my birthday, the menu was very expensive, I had the cheaper of the meals a rissottto starter size which was more than big enough, the others had menues up to $36 which I thought was a bit expensive. The waitress was attentive and we were not charged a surcharge for our own birthday cake. Perhaps would not go there again in the evening, but have been told the lunch time menu is more affodable. Nice atmosphere.