“highly recommend staying there”

St Arnaud Country Road Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Arnaud
St Arnaud Country Road Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 St Arnaud B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“highly recommend staying there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent 4 days at this hotel and we had a great time. The room was very clean, spacious and comfy. Bed and pillows were EXTREMELY comfortable (thank goodness), showers had lovely continuous HOT water. The owners were very friendly and most happy to assist with information about the town.

Although hotel is on the edge of the town, the actual town is not that big so we walked in to town several times a day with ease.

We can't wait to go back to the beautiful town of St Arnaud and we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 32
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra_Chaproniere, Owner at St Arnaud Country Road Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review Tabatha. Trevor and I always try to make our Guests' stays as comfortable and as friendly as possible. We look forward to seeing you in St Arnaud another time.
Sandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We would have to agree that the owners enthusiasm was wonderful a nice change in this day and age.
We had a problem with the TV in our room but Trevor had it fixed by the time we returned from our evening meal at a nearby hotel.
The breakfast in the morning was wonderful very nicely cooked and it was hot when it was delivered to our room on time.
Our only other comment was we thought the $85 charge was a bit high after all the rooms are only motel rooms.
Apart from that a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

another long drive from Strathalbyn SA to St Arnaud - tired and needed a good sleep with another 800km drive the next day.
very friendly proprietor greeted me and provided me all the information i required plus some.
brought me a jug of milk and then proceeded to show me functions of the room - can't fault that enthusiasm.
comfortable bed - great sleep - in fact slept in but was on my way with minimum fuss

Room Tip: nothing in particular
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank reichers59
Widgee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very clean rooms, staff bend over backwards to help. Trevor and Sandra were the best hosts ended up staying for 3 weeks, no restraunt but all evening meals can be charged back to room from many great pubs and clubs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BrianWidgee
sanchap2, Owner at St Arnaud Country Road Motel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review Brian. It was a pleasure having you here and you were treated no differently than all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again some day.
Sandra..
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've stayed in many hotels due to my working commitments and there is nothing better than checking into a Motel where the staff greet you with a smile no matter the time of day. Trevor and Sandra are no exception, i've stayed at the Country Road Motel on four seperate occasions arriving different times of the day, i've even driven for an extra hour because of the service you get when you step onto their property. Cold milk on arrival no little tiny containers of milk, they give you real milk in a jug for your tea and coffee. The rooms are always incredibly clean, fresh, spacious and well laid out with your own plasma tv. Breakfast is always fresh, served hot and on time, in my opininon the best poached eggs in country Victoria.

If your looking for a welcoming service with a smile at a competetive price with comfort and of course a good quality cooked breakfast, the Country Road Motel is the place to go. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Donna P
sanchap2, Owner at St Arnaud Country Road Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments Donna. It's always a pleasure having you stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Our aim is for Guest satisfaction and we will always do our best to achieve it.

Sandra Chaproniere
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

From the warm and friendly welcome by the hosts, Sandra and Trevor, to the impeccably clean rooms, there was nothing more I could have asked for.
Stayed for 3 nights on business and would recommend this Motel to absolutely anybody. Lovely big rooms with warm and relaxing decor.
Nothing was too much trouble and the cooked breakfasts were to die for.
Even though I said it wasn’t necessary, my room was cleaned every day because my hosts said “It’s always nice to come home from work to a clean room”.
Because of this Motel, I have reworked my schedule so I can stay in the Country Road Motel, St Arnaud on my bi-monthly trips.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlie B
Your comments are very much appreciated Charlie. Both Trevor and myself know first hand what it is like to spend a lot of time in Motels and it is always very nice to be looked after over a period of days. When our Guests tell us that they look forward to coming "home" after work, it makes it all worth while. Thank you

Sandra Chaproniere
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,108 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

When the only gripe I had about this motel was the lack of a spare blanket in the room - which I could have rectified by visiting reception - it is doing pretty well.

Only three of 20 units were occupied on our Friday night stay.

Everything worked, and the rate of A$85 was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
St Arnaud Old Post Office Apartments
Donald Riverside Motel
Donald Riverside Motel
#2 of 2 in Donald

Been to St Arnaud Country Road Motel? Share your experiences!