I booked this apartment under the assumption that it would be a nice relaxing place to spend a much needed break with my family. The website describes the apartments as “architecturally designed and stylishly decorated to provide the ultimate in guest comfort”. The $215 per night price tag also implied the apartment would be of high standard, however it was the worst accommodation I have stayed at in the last 20 years. The apartment was extremely dirty, the fixtures and furniture were old and damaged, and many of the appliances were not working.
Here are just some of my complaints about the apartment:
• whole apartment was very dirty and had clearly only received a very peripheral clean for many months
• bathroom floor was sticky
• venetian blinds were broken and very dirty
• cobwebs on ceiling and behind blinds
• lots of scuff marks on the walls
• kettle was sticky
• toilet brush was filthy and the area around it was also very dirty
• furniture was very old, chipped and damaged including a hole in the coffee table
• cigarette butt marks right outside the front door
• spiders and cockroaches were seen
• lounge mat was filthy
• bathroom fan didn’t work
• light globe not working in bedside lamp
The apartment was not “stylishly decorated”, or the “ultimate in guest comfort” and there was certainly no “Sorrento style living room”. To be frank, the place needs a complete overhaul. Had we booked for more than two nights we would have left early as I could not have spent another night in the accommodation.
Don't go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanic Apartments are 18 individually decorated, self contained, serviced apartments - offering an unbeatable location in Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula. The apartments back onto the national park - a short walk to the magnificent ocean beach. A 10 minute walk in the opposite direction is the main shopping centre of Sorrento featuring many high street shops and local design centres, together with numerous dining options. At the end of this street is the magnificent bay beach of Port Phillip Bay. Surrounded by wonderful wineries, coastal walks, a huge array of dining options and the famous Peninsula Hot Springs, Oceanic Apartments is the perfect holiday destination on the Mornington Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Oceanic Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanic Apartments Sorrento, Victoria, Australia