“Once in a lifetime experience!”

Moonraker Dolphin Swims
Half-Day Mornington Peninsula Dolphin and Seal Swim from Sorrento
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Sorrento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Moonraker Dolphin Swims is Australia’s most awarded Eco Adventure Company specializing in Dolphin and Seal swimming and sightseeing adventures for over 25 years on the picturesque Mornington Peninsula. Join a 3 hour snorkel adventure with resident Bottlenose Dolphins, swim alongside cheeky Australian Fur Seals, explore underwater marine parks filled with colorful fish and join the search for weedy sea dragons. Or relax onboard as a sightseeing guest. All cruises include breakfast or lunch and offer you a dolphin guarantee - If you don't see dolphins on your tour, you can come back for free!
Leeds, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked this trip for my partner and I about a week before.
On arriving we signed in and bought a camera (photos yet to be developed) for $25.
The girls measured us up for wet suits, flippers and snorkel etc.
We got changed in a shed... literally a shed but everyone took it in turns so not too bad.
We then hopped onto a little boat, I felt slightly unsure about it but my partner thought it was great!
We set off to the seals first and they were all sat on a man made hut (the smell is bad but only a natural thing!) It wasn't deep and we got in.
The current was incredibly strong and been someone unfit I found it difficult to keep up with the instructor and my partner swallowed some water and felt very ill and got out.
The seals were very cheeky though and came upto us quite happily swimming around.

Next was popes eye. Bit like a less glamorous barrier reef. Less colour but plenty of fish and birds around.

Then we went in search of the dolphins and unfortunately none were around :( we searched for ages and all hope was lost.
We removed our wet suits... when suddenly a huge pod of them came by!
They were the most playful things I've ever seen. Loved looking into your eyes and getting very close to you. Beautiful creatures.
The instructors really got you into them. And followed them for a while. We had about 3 dives altogether and it truly was magical.
I'd definitely recommend the team to anyone.
They all knew there stuff and were helpful with those who were weaker swimmers

Do it!!
Thanks moonraker for a great day! :)

2 Thank Sally050189

Victoria Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took my 11 and ten year old granddaughters for the three hour cruise. We all had an absolute ball. We were unlucky not to meet any dolphins that day, but swimming with the seals more than made up for that. The girls were like little mermaids, but for those not as confident, the staff have flotation devices, and really look after everyone in the water.

Melbourne, Australia
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Incredible day on the bay”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I bought 2 tickets for this tour for my daughter and I through Scoopon. There was no problem redeeming the voucher and as I booked at the first opportunity I was able to get the day of my daughter's birthday for the swim (only 2 weeks away). Signage at the pier is minimal but it's not hard to find - just go to the end. We were on Moonraker, a nice sized vessel, and chose to sit at the top deck. Great view and lots of room. Weather was warm that day (about 30 degrees celsius) and we found the wetsuits comfortable and reasonably warm. We were part of the first group of 10 to go into the water with the dolphins and got to see them very close beneath us. We were very lucky - even got to see plenty of them swimming around the bow of the boat for quite a while. Then we went to Popes Eye - a nice place with a variety of plant and animal life (fish, birds, etc.) This was fun too with plenty to see, especially if you can freedive down a bit. Finally we visited Chinamans Hat, a man made seal retreat. This was awesome as you get to swim up close and personal with heaps of seals and they are not real shy! My video of the day was incredible and my daughter said it was the best present ever. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and knowledgable, and the gear was great quality. Food at the kiosk was reasonably priced and all in all we couldn't fault the operation. Highly recommended - especially in summer. Thanks Moonraker.

Visited February 2013
Rosebud, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Morning!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was given a 3 hour trip to me as a Birthday gift, So I booked with no fuss at all.
Upon arrival you are given wetsuits, fins and snorkels then board the boat.
The crew were fantastic, very energetic and passionate about what they do!
Swimming with the seals was amazing as was swimming with the Dolphins!
They crew went to the extreme to find the dolphins and we eventually found 2, they played with us and neighbouring boats for a fair while!
We got back to the pier 30 mins late due to the search for the Dolphins.
They try their hardest to find the dolphins!

Would go again definitely! a must do!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic day out”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I purchased a dolphin/seal swim for my wife, with a "spectator" package for myself, so I could take some photos and videos of the event. My wife got to pop on a wetsuit and spend time with seals, dolphins and random marine life under expert guidance and safety, and I got the chance to film everything with no pressure or hassles. Of course, nothing was guaranteed and we knew that, but everything met or exceeded our expectations, and at the end of the day, we both came out with huge smiles on our faces, and that's exactly what we wanted, so thanks Moonraker.