“Promised much however left disappointed.”
Review of Just Fine Food

Just Fine Food
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Sorrento
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Home of Sorrento's famous vanilla slice.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had this place recommended to me due to the apparently famous vanilla slice. My partner and I shared some along with some scones. Vanilla slice was nice as were the scones. At 8.50 for a vanilla slice and rather expensive coffee I don't think the quality justifies the prices. The line was rather long and the table service was quite frankly, fairly poor. All in all I found this place over rated. Did however find a place nearby with much better service and better coffee.

1  Thank Albymorkel

Reviewed June 18, 2013

After spending an hour in Sorrento trying to find something Gluten Free for my partner we settled on JFF. They don't have GF bread but if you buy it at the bakery down the road they will toast it for you and still charge you the same for your meal as if they had supplied the bread.

The chicken soup I had was like something you have in jail (or so I imagine) capsicum, broccoli and baby corn in a stock cube broth with spaghetti noodles for $14.

We couldn't even get into the building to pay after our meal due to a huge line and it was a huge hassle for the waitress to find and bring our bill out to us. I think this was attitude from my honest response when asked about my soup.

Tourist trap! Don't go there.

1  Thank allaballa
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our favourite cafe in Sorrento. Always friendly, great service and food. Vanilla Slice is so delicious the best ever! We make special trips from Melbourne just for the Vanilla Slice which has won many awards!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

$14.50 for one slice of bread with Cheese, Ham and tomato that's what a toasted sandwich is at this place. I asked a staff memeber if that was correct as I was astounded at what was delivered to the table. If the "Toasted Sandwich" was amazingly good I would not have minded so much but was soggy and not very tasty as all, will not be going back that's for sure.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I ordered the generous slab of vanilla slice with a long black for myself and a cappuccino for my husband. The menu didn't appeal to him so he ordered fish and chips at the takeaway next door. Our waitress noticed his ticket and told him that takeaway was not allowed at their tables even though he had ordered coffee. He cancelled his coffee order and moved to the adjoining area outside the takeaway. Now normally I would have cancelled my order and left with him in a show of solidarity but with vanilla slice on offer there was no question of where my loyalty lay. So he sat at his table and I at mine a couple of metres away. With the outdoor seating areas side-by-side separated by a low barrier we were almost close enough to carry on a conversation. We made a point of waving to each other from time to time and found it hard to hold it together given the ridiculous situation. Other diners who had watched this play out seemed to be amused as well.
The vanilla slice pastry and filling was light and creamy with a light dusting of icing sugar - not too sweet. Perfect! My long black was excellent. Trev's fish and chips went down okay too. An odd experience though ...