“Very Dissapointing”

Silverwater Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in San Remo
“Very Dissapointing”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

After reading the below reviews I feel like my partner and I stayed at a completely different "resort". My partner and I stayed for 3 nights in the one bedroom apartment 105. I had advised that the only thing I was looking for was quiet so that both he and I could relax.

Why in God's name they would put the one bedroom (couple) suites next to the children's play area I have no idea. It was horribly loud, including screaming at random intervals. When I specifically asked for quiet room and this is what I got I was already frustrated before we even opened the door.

The room looked nice enough, it did however have an awful smell - like a strong cleaning product or off food. That kept returning even after we aired out the room. Which was, considering the noise quite frustrating. Trying to push these things a side we sat down to review the guest information book on the couch. Only to discover that the couch was broken on the left side. This meant that if you sat on that side of the couch you sunk into the body of the couch. How romantic, now we could not even sit of the couch and watch a movie.

The doors to the rooms were incredibly heavy and the walls were not good at stopping the sound. This meant you could hear any of the other 3 one bed room apartments when they opened and closed the doors. At all hours of the day and night.

We made a deliberate effort to not stay at the apartment and really only returned to sleep. This place was such a terrible disappointment. Not worth any of the money that we paid. I would not stay here again, or recommend it to anyone.

I can see some people have had a such a different experience, it is unfortunate that weren't able to have the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ashblackrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Seville
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment ground floor with a view of the carpark. Room was quite roomy wifi and foxtel were good extras and full size fridge. We had no doona cover on our bed and the 'crack' in the middle was very uncomfortable. The sofas were extremely uncomfortable. Shower over bath. Friends stayed in a two bedroom apartment third floor with a nice view over playground. Their bathroom was really nice, big tub and double shower, was annoying the toilet was in there too. The iPod dock didn't work and the power point for the BBq didn't either. My small nephew ended up in hospital after hitting his head on the corner of a glass coffee table - not family friendly at all. The pool and jumping pillows were a hit. The location wasn't great. The breakfast is $30. The girl at the desk that checked us in seemed like it was all too much hassle for her. Overall I don't think we'll return because I've stayed in lovely family caravan parks with the same rooms and facilities for better prices and better service.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kelly B
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We travelled as a family with 2 boys. (9 & 11) Lots of amusements to keep us all busy and having fun.
Highly recommend restaurant for Dinner. Was 5 star all the way. The service was one of the best!
We thoroughly enjoyed everything the resort had. Views were stunning and it was very peaceful.

Room Tip: Maybe get top floor if possible as we had middle floor and could hear the people walking around and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dayna V
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I checked into the resort in pouring rain. The friendly and welcoming staff were knowledgeable and efficient. We drove around to our car park space for our one bedroom apartment, 103. We opened the door to be greeted by a spacious, modern and beautifully equipped apartment. The view across the bay was superb, the furnishings fantastic and the cleanliness and detailing wonderful. Although the sofa is due to be replaced as it was rather saggy it did not detract at all from our stay. The weather hardly improved for the next 3 days but we found plenty to do both at the resort and on the island. I would highly recommend this resort but would insist on a second story apartment like ours rather than a ground floor apartment which would not have had a view like ours. Having a BBQ, dishwasher, full size fridge, washer and dryer were all bonuses we did not expect. The cutlery, crockery and kitchen appliances were much more than adequate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron F
Sydenham, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I, along with another couple, booked two nights in a resort room at Silverwater Resort and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was well equipped, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom and shower were large and our view across the bay was lovely. The resort was full of families enjoying all that the resort has to offer.
Our only criticism relates to the cost of breakfast. As the resort room has no more than a kettle and a bar fridge we thought we would enjoy the buffet breakfast in the restaurant. WOW!! Pricey!!
Sorry, but we won't be doing that again. Better value in San Remo. (A later check-out option would be great too)
However, we did enjoy our stay and would like to have stayed longer to enjoy more of the resort's amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Suzanne B
Melbourne
Reviewed November 18, 2013

When booking check where you will be located if you want a room with a view of the water. Otherwise apartments are very nicely fitted out. As I was only overnight the conference had me in a 1-bed room which was quite small but perfectly adequate for overnight. The room was very clean and had everything I needed - nice fluffy towels. The apartments where I've stayed before are very well equipped. Had dinner in the restaurant and unlike some tapas serves, these were pretty big and very tasty. Two of those and that was dinner!! Lovely location high on a hill overlooking Westernport Bay and very easy to drive across the bridge to Phillip Island or to tour the Bass coast

Room Tip: The higher up probably the better the views but there are no lifts! Check you have a room with a se...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We came immediately after cup day for three nights. We had an apartment on the top floor, overlooking the village green with its jumping pillows and playground. We were able to sit on the balcony and watch our kids walk over to the play area. There was also foxtel, an indoor pool, outdoor pool, spa and sauna, table tennis and air hockey so when we had a wet day there was still enough to do. The apartment was spotless, modern and professionally presented.

I have three small gripes: one is that I tried to walk into San Remo for milk; it's not a nice walk and the servo had no milk that day (huh?). The second is that a lady left a review before me complaining about a stereo on the back of which the wires were damaged. Either more than one apartment has a pointless stereo, or we got that one apartment. It's not deal breaker because I only would have liked music once, but it questions the sincerity of the management who claim to take customer feedback seriously. Thirdly, I also commented on the wires issue on my written feedback to the resort and I've heard nothing.
Nice place, great for families, clean to the point of sterile, shame about the care factor.

Room Tip: For families with very small children, ground floor on the village green would be best. Older childr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RACV Inverloch Resort
#1 of 2 in Inverloch
Ramada Resort Phillip Island
The Island Accommodation

Been to Silverwater Resort? Share your experiences!