“great food”
Review of TASTE

TASTE
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Rutherglen
Cuisines: Italian, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Taste seats 118 inside and 30 alfresco (our courtyard is undercover and has heating and cooling systems and generally have live music on Saturday nights, as long as conditions are favourable). A La Carte dining/degustation menus available from 6pm with lunches and Sunday nights by appointment only. Contact us for reservations or information with regard to booking functions/weddings/etc either in-house or off-site.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

the best steak I have eaten. Delicious - well done. Service was excellent and we will be dining there again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a nice evening at Taste of Rutherglen with friendly service and delicious food. Unfortunately the night that we were there was a little chilly and it was a slow night, it is a big restaurant and given the handful of diners and large space as a result it lacked atmosphere. Also given the huge space and cool evening, we were cold the whole night which was a shame and it distracted from the food. I would certainly recommend the food here as it was very good but I think the owners need to look at making this space cosier by the use of tableclothes, better heating and the like and closing off the back section when there restaurant isn't that busy.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

As part of The Cobram Cheese Club, we chose Taste as our venue for our next dining experience. Our 23 members enjoyed pre dinner drinks whilst enjoying a selection of magnificent cheeses from around the globe that Gavin had selected for us. Pleasing a large group is not an easy task, but Gavin & Fiona did so with ease, I personally enjoyed a beautiful tender eyefillet, which was served with a magnificent red wine jus, other members raved about the Duck & the Cone Bay Barramundi - then onto dessert we marched, I & many others had the Creme Brulee which was simply decadent, whilst others enjoyed their Affogato - all in all - a fantastic night was had by all & "We'll be back..............

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our food and wine appreciation club ate here. The staff were really helpful with wine selection but service was slow. The food was sensational but servings are small. The creme brûlée is one of the best I've ever had.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am not sure how they do the breakfast, lunch and dinner but OMG they do the dinner so well that I really do not care :)
The food - disgustation menu was to die for........oh the flavours and the sauces......my only complaint (and I did tell the Chef) was the lack of bread to enjoy the sauce I had to leave behind as I could not possibly lick the plate!
We eat at Taste on Sunday night 7 April and thought it may be a little quite, but it was actually quite busy, although this was handled well by the staff member and the Chef. Total credit to them both - will be back to eat at Taste and hope that they continue to grow in clientele and remain in the Region - worth the visit time n time again!