“A Mountain Treasure”

Dining options: Reservations
Johnson City, TN
“A Mountain Treasure”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

After hearing of this restaurant for some time, I finally was able to experience it. I was surprised to find it a small place, but beautifully decorated and clean. This is clearly an upscale restaurant, and I'm told reservations are a good idea, especially on weekends. I ordered the smoked trout cakes along with the spinach and cheese dish, and was totally impressed. The servings were much larger than I would have expected for such a restaurant, and even splitting a serving of their banana pudding cheesecake (good, but not something I'd order again) left me stuffed. I'm only sorry that Suba's is an hour from where I live.

• Visited October 2012

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Still good, but not great.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We've had lunch and dinner here many times. Our dinner this time was good but not great. The salads to start were very good. My husband's salmon was overcooked and the rice accompanying my entree was mushy.

Visited October 2012
“Great food and friendly service.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Subas many times over the years. The food is outstanding and the home made desserts are the best.

Kinston, North Carolina
“Excellent place to eat”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Small place, but well worth any wait. Reservations are recommended because they only seat about 60 people. Excellent food and oh my, the desserts! Very friendly staff. You must try it!

Visited August 2012
Boone, NC
“Great Food!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food was very delicious and the service was great!! Awesome deserts!! A pleasant surprise for a small town!!

Visited April 2012