“wonderful place in a small out of the way town.”

and 1 more site!
Prospect Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were here all weekend for a wedding. The inn keepers were awesome, the breaskfast was wonderful and the accomodations beautiful. The leave were gorgeous and the atmosphere was relaxing and peaceful. Great place. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This B&B exceeded our expectations in Tennesee. We needed a comfortable base for several days of exploring the twisty mountain lanes and gazing at beautiful autumn landscapes. Little did we expect such gracious hosts who artfully renovated a historic home into exceptionally comfortable rooms with great amenities--gas fireplaces in bedroom and bath, oversized jetted tub large enough for two people to relax easily, flat screen TV, comfy side chairs, very comfortable king bed, free wi-fi, and SOOO comfortable. Robert and Judy made us feel at home upon arrival, sharing their local knowledge easily so we could plan our days more successfully. They accommodated our special diet requests as we had just begun a low carb regimen, though they are known for their excellent gourmet breakfasts. They are both warm hosts without being intrusive.

Room Tip: The rooms with the large jetted tub are beautifully decorated and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

First I want to say that I travel all the time. I have a job that requires me to travel with my job and consult with companies that purchase our product. This experience is not coming from someone that travels now and then but travels with job as part of my living.
I have stayed at Prospect Hill B&B this week in Mountain City,TN. I put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door when I left on the first day of my stay. One of the innkeepers was downstairs when I went to get a cup of coffee and I told him I had Do Not Disturb on the door and I travel all the time and do not require any service in the room. He said that was fine. When I got to my place of business they ask where I was staying and I told them. The owners wife said she had a friend stay there and they entered her room and went thru her stuff. She said to be careful. I told her what I told them at the B&B and she said to watch my room. On the last day of my stay (day 4) the innkeeper was waiting on me to sign the bill for my room when I returned from work. I then went upstairs to my room which was locked and a Do Not Disturb on my door and they had entered my room, put out towels (I did not need because there were 4 in room), made my bed and I think went thru my bag. I looked and did not see anything missing. This made me very mad.
I went downstairs and the innkeeper that I told I did not need any service in my room was in the kitchen. I told him that they invaded my privacy after I told them not to and I was very upset and would NEVER recommend or stay there again. He said that it did not work that way when some one stayed in their B&B. He stated today was trash day and they had not been in the room all week. I had been putting the garbage in the trash in their kitchen except for the makeup remover towels and they were being put NOT in the garbage can in the room but I had a bag that I was going to take down at the end of the week to their kitchen to make sure everything was as I found it in the room I rented from them. They never took the garbage bag out of the room when they came in the room against my request. I told him if he needed in the room they seen me every day and should have ask. He just stood there and said sorry.

I am so mad and what to know what I can do about this and I am checking .

Room Tip: Do not choose this place if you want privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Connie M
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you have business in Johnson County, TN you can't go wrong with Prospect Hill. I was delighted to find such a treasure there. It is a lovely B&B. The sophisticated hosts are friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. I don't know of any place in the area which even comes close.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at Prospect Hill B&B. The innkeepers have done a great job renovating this grand home. The entire home and grounds are exactly as shown on the website. The very impressive aproach up the drive inspired a WOW response from my husband. We stayed in room #5 with the balcony, very private and quiet since it is the only room on that side of the hall. The mattress is one of the best we have ever had in our travels.the breakfast on both days was very good and was always followed with helpful info on local attractions and routes to get there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The beautiful old brick house on Prospect Hill was saved and renovated with no corners cut. Robert and Judy managed to preserve the integrity of the house and still build in all of the luxuries of a 21st century home. The hosts provide you with all creature comforts along with help and advice on ways to enjoy the area. Fresh cut fruit and stuffed french toast finished off a truly perfect stay.

Room Tip: To those who don't want to climb stairs, dont be worried about quiet or privacy in the king mai...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We just got home from staying at the cottage and I cannot say enough about that visit. Plenty of space for the three of us (me, wife, adult son and our aged dog). Homey atmosphere and everything that we needed was included except food of course. Cool evenings, mild days and very quiet. Location was great for our stay which allowed us to visit cousins and walk paths of our family history.

Thank you Judy and Robert for this wonderful time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Mountain City
Americourt Hotel Mountain City
Americourt Hotel Mountain City
#1 of 2 in Mountain City

Been to Prospect Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!