“great value...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain City
Litchfield, CT
“great value...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've actually stayed here twice and have a dog, so im always greatful to find
a place in such a rural area that accommodates pets...
NO, the room was not the Hilton, but I didn't pay Hilton prices either,
I travel quite a bit, and still believe their breakfast outdoes most
pricey "room and breakfast" hotels... and when I travel, I sleep in a hotel
and spend the rest of my time taking in the local trappings. And yes, I find
the service to exceptional, when in my travels, I often encounter "attitude issues"
with the help. If you want value, this is it....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank frugged

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Howland, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If it hadn't been pouring rain we'd have rather stayed in our tent than this smelly place. When you walk in you get the impression from the lobby that this is a nice, well kept hotel. The clerk was very friendly and I was tired of the rain. Once we went upstairs to our room I began to get disappointed. The entire hallway reeked of smoke and the room was musty also. The wallpaper is peeling off the and the carpet needed to be replaced 10 years ago. I agree that the staff is great and the breakfast was passable but for $100 things should have been in much better shape.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amber B

Travelers are raving about these Mountain City hotels

North East, Maryland
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 nights. Given a really good price. It is dated but clean and certainly the better choice in Mountain City. The staff is friendly, helpful and the breakfast is really good. We always stay here and will continue to do so while traveling in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank para12mike
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is really dated, and everything is so basic that there is nothing bright to talk about. However the staff is so nice and welcoming despite the poor condition of the hotel. If there is any reason to stay at this hotel, their hospitality definitely counts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wei H
Va Bch
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I recently took a trip to the NC mountains to go skiing. We went to Boone, NC and were shocked to find everything to be either full or way too expensive. We were told by the local tourism office about a quaint hotel in Mountain City, TN, which was only 20 mins from Boone. The price was definately more attractive. (For a $100 savings I would surely drive 20 mins.)
Anyway, when we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in by a very friendly lady who also helped us with finding and purchasing the most affordable lift tickets. We were also given recommendations for dinner, which was absolutely wonderful and within walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel itself was quite nice. We stayed in a king room which just happened to have a whirlpool tub. :-) That was very nice...the room was clean which was our main concern.

Both mornings, there was a free breakfast that was unbelievable...biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, cereal....and on and on....it was great.......

At $70 a night, I would def. recommend this hotel and if I am ever vacationing in or around Boone in the future, I will be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidbrock220
Kinston, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We started out our trip in Boone, NC on a Thursday night, and the room rates were going to double to almost $140 for Friday and Saturday nights. Not wanting to spend all of our money to sleep, I hit the WiFi and found the Americourt Hotel about 30 minutes away in TN. I knew that gas was going to be cheaper there too, so I called and made a reservation. When we arrived between 1 and 2pm, they said that the room was ready and we could go ahead and check in. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean, and even though the dresser was missing a few handles, it was fine with us. It had a fridge, no microwave or in room coffee, but the microwave was in lobby just a short walk from our room, and they made decaf coffee for me and put it in the lobby. Yes, they have limited places to eat the breakfast that they provide, but what a breakfast! Eggs, sausage, gravy, grits, oatmeal (instant but good), waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee; they also had fruit if you were an early riser, but we were not. What meant the most to us, though, was the fact that they had open Bibles in the lobby and in the rooms. Not stuck in a drawer like most places, but out in the open, proud to be Christian. They also recommended an awesome place to eat called Suba's, so if you're in the area, give both places a try. If you want luxury accommodations, don't stop here, but if you just want a clean place to sleep, it's a great value. (Bed was a little hard, but considering that we have a Sleep Number bed at home, it's something that we're used to.) Will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kathy18_12
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed August 29, 2012

An out of the way older Motel that needs MAJOR renovations and is not recommeded for the amount of cost during race week. Beds too hard, dirty around lots of areas and no breakfast space to sit in nicely. Roads that to get there were very long and windy. Staff was pleasant and I have worked at motels also so feel that they have to do their jobs regardless of the up keep that is majorly needed to improve the motel it self.It was a last resort from a travel agent to find something to stay at for the race week also at the travel agent it was told to me that we could pay when we got there and they charged my card full price and we couldn't check out early with out eating half of the cost. I would like to see them be able to build new and have accomdations that are nicer and also change their policy for checking in.The area in Tennessee if beautiful but not for when you have no other option to stay so far out of the way for some thing that you are only going to be there for a short time.

Room Tip: only last resort while traveling