“No Value for your Money here!”

Americourt Hotel Mountain City
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain City
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Since my inlaws live in town and we live almost 600 miles away this seemed like a great location snce we did not havto drive out of town to find a room. The price was not bad in my opinion ( I manage multiple hotels for a major chain) my issue was value. The rooms are tiny, the furniture is in very bad repair. The room we stayed in had two double beds and the frame was broken on both. The hotel was built in the early 1990's but feels like it is stuck in the 1970's which would be okay if the place was clean. They do offer an okay breakfast but there is no where to eat. If you are going to serve food make sure that you have a few tables and chairs to sit at and eat. I think this could be a great property but the owner must not care about the guests experience or they would hire someone to manage the property who pays attention to the basics of running a hotel. Nex time I will drive a few miles further to Boone, NC and stay for the same rate or lower at a much nicer hotel where I will get value for my money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonathan J

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed on 12-11-11. The enitre hotel reeked with smoke when we walked in. The room need a really good cleaning. I was going to use the phone but it was filthy as was the bathroom floor. The rate was much to high considering you can stay in Boone just 18 miles away for much less in a cleaner room without the smoke.
We used to stay here when it was the Days Inn and it was always clean and smelled good...Not anymore!!!!!!

Room Tip: Take a can of lysol to get through the lobby to your room so you don't reek of smoke.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is a good place to stay if you aren't too picky. I take my own sheets and pillows to all hotels. This is a good idea for this place. We made a reservation through one of the hotel places on line and they couldn't find it. They gave us the price we were quoted and the room requested. They had problems with the keys and upgraded our room. The breakfast was good, but I suggest going to hardees in town they have the best biscuits and gravy! It's an old hotel and it's not one to get too comfy. They have the basics tv fridge bed shower.they have an ironing board and iron at front desk.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stumbled in late one evening without a reservation and was happy to get a great rate, a welcoming staff and a comfortable enough room. On the minus side, the room I got (101) shared a wall with the waffle maker and I was awoken at a little after 6:00am by the beeping sound of a waffle maker announcing the completion of a waffle. The breakfast of biscuits, gravy, and greasy sausage wasn't my thing so I had to make due with cereal and a waffle. If you're trying to watch your weight you'll need to bring your own source of protein. Finally, while it didn't bother me, some people might be put off by the very Christian decor, which included a Bible open to a specific page on the dresser. Then again, this is the Bible belt so it shouldn't be a surprise..

Room Tip: Don't get 101 if you want to sleep in
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank msilverstein
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was a very comfortable motel in a beautiful area. Staff was very friendly, rooms very clean and well equipped. The breakfast was good with several choices. Rate was low for what they offer. Must enter the rooms from the lobby which makes it a bit more secure though it is located in a nice neighborhood and seemed a safe area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

It's a clean budget hotel with a big lobby where you can sit on a sofa or chairs and a watch TV. Free coffee in the lobby, though very weak. I complained about that. They may make it stronger in the future, but who knows. The rooms are OK. The mattress in my bed may have been laid down in for a too long time without turning it, or the floor may have been leaning, because I felt my head was below my feet, though just barely so. I put the pillow where the feet normally is and the issue was resolved. The main problem was the noisy water pipes in the walls. A visitor next door showered between 4 and 5 in the morning. I could not sleep then. The breakfast was minimal and no waffles was served, though that was an item on the breakfast menu. I give the hotel four stars because I know I'm a light sleeper and my demand for strong coffee is outside the normal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linuxlund
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed at the AMericourt for the weekend on the Bristol race. The hotel is hundreds cheaper the statying in Bristol and about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from the track. The hotel was clean but a little older. It was great for the price though. THe little free breakfast bar was good also.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
#3 of 4 in West Jefferson
Sleep Inn Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
#6 of 18 in Boone

Been to Americourt Hotel Mountain City? Share your experiences!