“Nice stop through Mountain City”

Tributary Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Full Service Lunch Bistro featuring oversized sandwiches Burgers, and salads with gourmet soup and salad bar variety of quesadillas also available with gluten free / whole grain tortillas! From scratch desserts are what we are also known for.... Try our newest "french beignet" basket with caramel and chocolate dipping sauces! enjoy here with free wifi, or take out! Affordable Lunch for Foodies!
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our Waitress seemed like a real local but the food seemed like an interesting mix. The waitress explained the owners were from Conn. Which explains the outstanding seafood chowder. The salad bar was small but very unique with unexpected treats. I had a chicken sandwich with apple and cheese, it was very good. I thought the prices were fair and the decor was sort of country eclectic.

I was told this is their 2nd location in Mountain City and there's a nice large area for parties too. They seem to have a lot of restaurant experience, and I get the feeling they're always fine tuning and improving the operation. I wish them much success and look forward to the next time we stop in.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Tributary was an excellent rehearsal dinner location for us. All of our guests were impressed. Aleta was so on top of it all during the planning and all the way through to the end of the evening. The atmosphere was cozy, the food was awesome (especially the salad bar) and the service was great. I would highly recommend The Tributary Restaurant :)
Thanks again Aleta!
Michelle and Mike 10/25/13

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Excellent Meal!!! Everything from the soup and salad bar to each of our meals, we could not stop ooohhhing and aweeeing!!! The three of us adults that have had meals at some of the top restaurants in some of the biggest cities could not believe how wonderful the food was!!! I went with the seafood pasta.... huge chunks of real seafood and a perfect sauce!!! My friend John had the Burbon Ribs that both of us ladies sunk our forks into!! and Jill had the stuffed fish, which was the best I have ever had!!! The decor is perfect, not stuffy and not over casual. The prices were on the money (hahaha) for the meal actually at other over puffy restaurants for this quality you would pay a lot more! The owners actually put a lot of love into this place and the food they serve and it SHOWS!!! Hard to believe these are not so called professional chefs you could never tell. So we were all stuffed but could not possibly say no to dessert.... OH MY GOODNESS .... I yelled something I never yell in public as the huge dessert came to us in a most wonderful presentation. Every ingredient was fresh, wonderful and of the highest quality! So not a out of a can and microwave meal here!!! My Friends came up from Wilkesboro NC and they mentioned several times while taking me home how they plan on bringing many folks to visit The Tributary!!! I also have "My New Happy Place"!!!!!! I will go back again and again!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We travel to Mountain City several times during the year, (about an 1 1/2 hr ride) just to eat at the Tributary Restaurant. We started going when they just opened up and were pleasantly surprised how delicious the food was, how charming the atmosphere was (like being in a log cabin) and how friendly and the staff is. We have never been disappointed, even when they didn't have the bananas foster creme brulee for dessert one time. My favorite are the salmon specials they have. Salmon is my all time favorite food. The menu has something for everyone and it is all delicious. When you find yourself in Mountain City, stop by a try the Tributary, it will wake up your culinary senses and fill you up entirely.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Aleta is amazing and so is her food. We ate dinner in her restaurant and had her cater our wedding.

The salad and soup bar in the restaurant is awesome, and her desserts are to die for