We stayed over the weekend at Lindenderry at Red Hill - and after having heard about this exclusive homestead in the middle of the Red Hill Region, we were expecting a grand, majestic heritage home, all set out with old-world charm, décor, ambience, rustic settings and old-world rugs, lanterns, fire-lit ambience, beautiful décor, artwork on walls, and the like....
Instead the rooms are barron, with basic early 90's coloured pale baby blue painted walls, with a lemon and white checked couch, a big ( and comfortable) bed, but disappointingly it was two singles pushed together to make up for what we thought we had booked/bought which was meant to be a King bed... and a shared balcony.
We had upgraded to a Vineyard Suite when we booked, but were also disappointed to find that it had no views of any vineyard, nor any vista - just a gravelled courtyard and tall trees!
And as much as the room was spacious and very warm, it had no "feeling" and no décor and nothing to encapsulate that this room was part of what we expected to be a grand old house and a grand experience staying there...
Reception was a basic marone painted walled area and upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist, but there was no big grand entrance!
The lounges to the left are old and tired, there are no rugs, artwork, vases with flowers, plants nor ambience, and the vista from the shared balcony here was also of the same gravelled courtyard and trees... no rolling hills nor vineyards.
You are right in the middle of the Red Hill wine region, yet there is no-where to sit and enjoy a glass of red and watch the sun set over hills after a day exploring wineries and bringing them back to enjoy at this grand old home!
We enjoyed the Red Hill region, and this hotel is very convenient for it's location and the rooms are comfortable, large, private and warm ( it was 4 degrees the other night and we were toasty) but we would love to see this tired old hotel taken back to what we expected when we arrived....... which is a beautiful old heritage homestead and a special place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Victoria's most spectacular region, the Mornington Peninsula, you will find Lindenderry. The region's premier boutique hotel, Lindenderry is set on 30 acres of natural beauty. English inspired gardens surround the hotel, extending to a vineyard and a private lake, all framed by an iconic Australian landscape. As you arrive at the property, meandering through the peaceful grounds, you feel a sense of escape that stays with you till you are back in your car and travelling home. After a recent soft refurbishment to all guest rooms, restaurant and lounge areas, this country estate offers accommodation that is perfect for couples or groups looking for an elegant retreat whilst indulging on the Mornington Peninsula. There are 40 modern rooms available at Lindenderry, each with its own unique design that stylishly captures the regional landscape. Relax in the many inviting guest lounges that feature open fireplaces and, with floor to ceiling windows, flood with soft natural light, making the perfect nook to escape with a good book, a glass of wine, or quiet conversation. Adding to the indulgence of the property is our onsite restaurant, Linden Tree, with a newly appointed head chef who hails from some of the world's best restaurants, the dining experience at Lindenderry has become a must-do experience when visiting the Mornington Peninsula. Also featuring a cellar-door offering a more informal dining experience, why not stop by for a tipple? Following a recent recognition from Australia's leading wine authority, James Halliday, as a Five Star Winery and with nearly all of our wines receiving a remarkable score of 95 or above, Lindenderry is proving itself to be one of the leading wineries of the region also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindenderry at Red Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Hotel Red Hill
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Victoria