“Great value...”

Portarlington Beach Motel
“Great value...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

For a small town .. This motel was amazing ... Clean, modern, smart, ..... Loved it ... And the staff were wonderful .... We will definitely be back again and again ... It wasn't to far from the centre of town an easy walk also just a five minute walk from the beach .... We have stayed at lots and lots of Motels over the years and this really was fabulous ... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to everyone!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Adsa115

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Echuca, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights recently and found the owners very helpful and welcoming. Our room was very clean and the location is great as you can walk the main shopping area and the beach. Highly recommened for all ages and groups. Thankyou.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey16_10
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped at portarlington beach motel for one night on 12/03/13. I found the whole check in process smooth and I was made to feel very welcome by the owner Phil and his office manager (?) Jane. The room was spotless and,well furnished...met my needs. The motel grounds are very well kept and presentable. Being a hot night the pool beckoned...crystal clear water. BBQ facilities by the pool very clean. Obviously Phil and his team take great pride in providing a warm friendly environment in what is only a 16 room motel. It is in a great location with a short walk to shops and beach. You must go to the old bakery in the main street, great range of food reasonably priced. Only thing I would like as part of their service is the availability of the morning papers to read in bed or by the pool.

Thanks heaps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Barry_W_1965
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Would recommend to everyone. Great room, location and the staff were friendly and helpful. We had friends stay elsewhere and were disappointed they paid double and their room wasn't anywhere near as good as ours. Also, the pool area with BBQ was a winner with the family. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here up to New Year, staff went out of their way to accommodate us, even though they could not fit us in New Years Eve, they were great leading up to it. Rooms were very spacious and very clean. I would recommend this place and the service from the staff to anyone wanting to stay in Portarlington. Thank you for a welcoming and comforting stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was forced to stay at the Portarlington Beach Motel last year due to a work conference (work had pre-booked the accommodation) and unfortunately my stay doesn't reflect what others have said.

I cannot comment on the reception or staff as we were given our keys by our manager when we arrived.

The room itself was rather unappealing. Upon arrival I had to surface spray the entire kitchen area due to an ant infestation. I noticed that the ants were attracted to some sticky substance that wasn't cleaned off of the bench from the last guest which inevitably attracted the insects.

The aircon didn't have a remote control so I needed to stand on a chair to switch it on and off at the wall. The toilet ran the entire night which was quite annoying when I was trying to sleep. The tv also didn't have a remote so I had to change the station manually. The tv reception was also poor. The bed wasn't too bad and the location was quiet however I was woken during the night by some unruly guests banging on my window.

The location of the hotel is good, on the main road and close to the beach. The rooms are a good size also. I haven't been back to Portarlington since but I would probably consider another place to stay next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank OzzeeTravla
Krystle C, Manager at Portarlington Beach Motel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your honest review, I would just like to point out that from the information given in your review we have deduced that the time of your stay was at least 18 months ago. The motel has been bought by new owners and is now run by new management since then.
The motel has undergone a huge amout of upgrading. In the rooms alone all the TV's replaced by big flatscreen TV's, carpets are all new, mattresses all replaced, a VERY high quality of cleanliness which we as managers personally oversee and partake in and most of our airconditioners have been replaced with remote controlled units and those that aren't have a switch at ground level (no one is to stand on the furniture to access the airconditioners).
The outside of the motel has been repainted, the pool has been fixed up and solar heating installed, a new bbq put in for guests use and newly purchased outdoor furniture to relax with.
We hope you will be able to visit again in the near future to experience the improvements for yourself.
Kind regards,
Krystle Connor and Gregory Walshaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on a saturday night when we decided we wanted a boozy night away together. We thought we'd stay somewhere within walking distance of the pub so we could get back easily. We were pleasantly surprised. Had a massive room (number 7) with a large kitchenette, great bathroom, a second bedroom with a bunk bed (not needed for us but fabulous for kids) large flat screen tv on the wall, small round dining table, large outdoor sitting area, pool just out the front door, very comfy bed, lollies in a bowl and fabulous service from the staff. This place isn't luxurious by any means but great, comfortable, spacious and clean. Perfect for a quiet escape and well priced! And I think would be well suited to a small family, friends or a few nights getaway for couples. Highly recommended if you're in need of a comfortable and affordable place to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portarlington
Point Lonsdale Guesthouse Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portarlington
Bellarine Bayside Holiday Parks
Bellarine Bayside Holiday Parks
#3 of 8 in Portarlington

Been to Portarlington Beach Motel? Share your experiences!