Tripadvisor
Point Lonsdale
All reviews guest house dining room family room next morning guest kitchen old world location is great fawlty towers tennis courts stayed one night continental breakfast lovely place to visit first floor comfortable beds peter lighthouse hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2019

The room was quite basic, but clean, warm and comfortable, and we loved sitting out on the verandah with a g&t in hand enjoying the briny sea breeze. Just divine.

BUT the real joy was being absolutely blown away by the genuine warmth, humour and hospitality of the new owner, Richard. I take my hat off to anyone who undertakes such a multi-faceted and difficult challenge, and I cannot thank him enough for his wonderful hospitality.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019

Guys and girls take note. After all the publicity for the Q train, Bellarine Peninsula, Literary Festival and advertising on Travel Auctions, don't even think about staying at the Point Lonsdale Guest House. The proprietors are rude and offensive. the place is dank damp and depressing. Everything, and I mean everything has come out of the Ark and with tax entitlements there is no excuse for this dump. I paid a lot of money (I wasn't paid to speak at festival), so next time I will pitch my tent at Caravan park. The atmosphere and reception couldn't be any more hostile or freezing.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

I was in a rush when booking and didn’t spend much time on research. But I was in Melbourne when I booked and thought that I would do OK paying a similar amount for a hotel.

The service at the front desk upon arrival was excellent. He knew we had clearly misjudged the place. Straight away he upgraded us to rooms with an ensuite. But with a rate >$120/night ... an ensuite you would have thought would hang been standard

In the middle of winter I had to ask for a heater to put in the room.

The place was clean and the water in the shower hot. We didn’t bother with breakfast

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

My experience at the Point Lonsdale Guest House was a very different one as a female travelling alone to my experience the previous month when I stayed there with my family. I won’t be going back again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

I suggest you to mind your money before finding yourself regretting at the counter. We were charged for more than we should have been charged for on breakfast. I kept waking up to look around my little kids mattresses a couple of times to see if there is any spider since I killed two of them on my pillow in a two-night stay time. Dirty swimming pool and the jacuzzi with inoperative water jets. No air conditioning is an add. A rude lady as the receptionist with as little customer skills as I have who is bad enough to work in the role.

Date of stay: April 2019