“Don't eat breakfast there”

Kelly's Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Olinda
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't eat breakfast there”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

went to Kelly's Bar and Kitchen for breakfast. Staff was disinterested in us and service was poor. Breakfast was lousy, eggs undercooked and coffee was weak and luke warm. Wont be going back there for Brekkie again :(

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank mary K

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Canadian type lodge restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Great Steaks, nice cabin type place. They had a good one person band thing on that was good. Lovely fireplace and drinks were pretty reasonable with an interesting selection of different things. They really care about their wine list as they had a some nice ones from the yarra valley.

Visited April 2012
“Couldn't come up for a breath.”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Magnificent! I recommend ribeye steak to all! Apparently the pork belly was mouth watering. Unfortunately my partner inhaled it so I couldn't get a snap of this either.

Melbourne, Australia
“Wow....best chicken parmigiana ever”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We've often driven past Kelly's and talked about visiting, but never actually went and ate there (maybe because when we visit the Dandenongs we tend to look for more a cafe style place rather than pub style). However by chance one day in frustration with many of our local cafes and other prospective places being closed for a public holiday, we found ourselves at Kelly's, and were kicking ourselves that it had taken us so long to go here.

It was a nice warm sunny day and we got a table outside on the patio - from here there was a great atmosphere, some nice trees and plants and just a great place to sit and enjoy the day.

I had a chicken parmigiana, which would have to be the best I have ever had (and whilst I don't present myself as an expert on parmigiana's I've certainly had my fair share of them at many of the big name pubs around Melbourne). I would certainly recommend Kelly's parmigiana over all others.

They also have a great selection of craft beers which added to a lovely experience.

The service was friendly and very efficient.

Will be going back....hopefully very soon.

• Visited December 2011
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“Escape to the hills for a pint and a crackling fire”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

If my partner and I didn't live 4 hours away, this would be our local.

Upon walking into Kelly's, the owner and staff quickly engaged us in cheerful interesting banter. They're warm and friendly, and it's obvious that they love being here and genuinely enjoy chatting to their customers.

Kelly's is a beautiful old log cabin, and the owners have created 3 areas - the outdoor area, perfect for sunday afternoon drinks; the dining area for meals, and the cosy bar area, complete with log fire, dart board and couches of the comfortable and nice variety (i.e. not the Share-House Brown Couch which you'd want to get a tetanus shot before sitting on).

I personally love the couch area, and have enjoyed from their diverse and well thought out wine and beer list. Kelly's support local produce, and this is reflected in their food menu as well as their drinks.

The food is excellent - unique, interesting, making the most of seasonal ingredients, while not being pretentious or fussy. It's the perfect place to soak up some rays outside with a local pint while listening to a band, or curl up on the couch with a glass of red, chat to the staff and listen to the crackle of the fire on an icy Mt Dandenong evening.

Kelly's has atmosphere and hospitality in spades. It makes the sumptuous fare even more enjoyable!

• Visited October 2011