“Edible fun”

Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Patch Chocolates is currently closed and not taking bookings for classes in 2016.
Ambleside, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Edible fun”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my Christmas present, so was looking forward to the experience and was not disappointed. The class is very hands on, which is the best way to learn a new skill. Linda's passion for chocolate is contagious and she conveys her knowledge clearly to appeal to all levels of ability. The presentation of her artisan produce is fabulous. I want to do another class!

Visited March 2014
Wildpatch, Front Office Manager at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
It's very nice to have our efforts appreciated. Thank you and we hope to see you again for another class soon.

Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Informative, fun, and yummy!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our chocolate making class with Linda. She was informative, and no question too silly. We enjoyed the experience, and especially the eating of all the yummy chocolates afterwards! :-)

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Wildpatch, Owner at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
That's great! Thanks so much for your lovely comments and your enthusiasm and enjoyment during the class. Nice way to celebrate together. Hope to see you back some time.
Melbourne, Australia
“What a choc filled fabulous day!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

For my 30th birthday, my hubby surprised me with a beautiful gift voucher for the full day choc making class - I was so excited!
Linda was very welcoming, and her knowledge about chocolate making was fantastic.
It was such an awesome experiencing to "table" the chocolate when tempering it. Oh, and the countless taste tests that were required throughout the day was such a bonus!!
I feel I have learnt some valuable knowledge in chocolate making, and believe I will be able to use this in the future when I make the odd chocolates at home (I did come home wanting to become a chocolate maker!).
A fabulous experience that I would recommend to anyone :-)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Wildpatch, Owner at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Ha! Glad to have inspired a change of profession?? So pleased you enjoyed the whole experience from the technical bits to the tasting. I hope your family and friends were impressed with your chocolate making and I look forward to hearing about your own creations. We're here if you need chocolate advice in the future. Linda
Glen Waverely
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Chocolate Making at Wild Patch Retreat”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I just had a wonderful stay at Wild Patch Studio and we were lucky enough to enjoy a chocolate making class as well with Linda, the host. It was an amazing experience to learn about chocolate and see the tempering procedure to get the right consistency and temperature for creating beautiful shiny and smooth chocolates and then to be able to taste it. We would highly recommend it to everyone who has the opportunity to try it when visiting Olinda in The Dandenong Ranges, Victoria, Australia.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you! So lovely to have taught you both about chocolate making and hope your family were impressed with the chocolates you made (and the special freckles I made for them so you didn't have to share too many of your own!). Linda
Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My hubby surprised me with a voucher for a short chocolate making class at Christmas and he booked the class for our anniversary in January. We were the only couple there and Linda welcomed us warmly to her chocolate kitchen at her beautiful Olinda patch. The class was excellent - it was really fun and Linda was very generous with her knowledge and her chocolate! We are so grateful to you Linda for giving us such a wonderful morning. It was a really lovely way to spend a time on a hot summer's day in the hills and we learned how to temper and mold good quality chocolate - skills we hope to expand upon in the future. We hope to return this year and book the retreat as well as a longer class.

Visited January 2014
Wildpatch, Owner at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
It was my pleasure :) So pleased that you loved the class and got to take home lots of fabulous chocolates to impress your friends and colleagues (or just to eat yourselves!). I really look forward to seeing you back some time for more chocolate making or a stay in the Retreat. Linda