“Very knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. In a word - delicious.”

Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Patch Chocolates is currently closed and not taking bookings for classes in 2016.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I visited Wild Patch in August 2012 with my mother and my wife (both are certified chocolate fans), for a day-long chocolate making experience. Linda (our host) was so friendly and obviously knew her stuff. She showed us a plate of chocolates at the start of the day and explained that we would be learning how to create them. They looked so good that we wernt sure if ours would be up to her high standards, but she reassured us that we would be able to get good results.

We got straight into it with a lesson in tempering white, milk and dark chocolate and after it was all ready we went into the construction process for the delicious molded chocolate designs that Linda had picked out for the group.

After a delicious lunch in nearby Olinda township, we finished off our creations and bagged them up ready to take home. At the end of the day we had a bit of chocolate left over so we made freckles which were nice to eat on the way home!

It was such a lovely day. I want to come back next year and learn how to make my own Easter eggs!

Wildpatch, Owner at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for the lovely review and so glad you had a great day! It was fun to have you in the class and I enjoyed experimenting with making your mum's favourite chocolates! Hope to see you back next year for Easter egg making!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Wild Patch Chocolates is one true little gem of a find, and Linda with so much heart and character, provides very high quality products and an even greater friendly service. If that's not enough, you can take the opportinity to learn how to make her wonderful chocolates!

I've been quite the fan of Wild Patch chocolates for a couple of years now, I nearly don't get anything else! It took me a little while to get around to doing a chocolate making class, but I'm so glad I did now, might even do another!
A day up in the hills is the perfect way to just have a 'me' day, or for any number of people to have a day out, and doing a Wild Patch chocolate making class would have to be the best one day activity you could do. It is a must for anyone who wants a fun day out or who likes chocolate!
The time really flies once things get going though, so I'd suggest to anyone that they do the longest class they possibly can.

Everything is hands on the way it should be, and you'll learn so many of the secrets to making perfect choccies, and all completely effortless, because you're having fun! I got to take home way more chocolates than I thought I would too, enough to keep any chocaholic with a grin on their face!

Thanks Linda!

Wildpatch, Owner at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thanks Aaron! It was lovely to have you in the class - we all enjoyed your energy and humour! Thanks for being such an enthusiastic and loyal Wild Patch customer and glad we're keeping you in chocolate!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wow, what an experience. Linda is a wonderful host and a very patient teacher. Her passion for everything chocolate is only equalled to the beautiful setting of Wild Patch. She was always willing and eager to share her knowledge & expertise and nothing was too much trouble. The class was fun, the demos were tasty and the take-home bag, although full, certainly didn't last long enough. The after-class service was just as cool - a phone call, 3 or 4 days notice and the resulting chocolates had guests still commenting days later. Thanks Linda, a really yummy way to spend a Saturday.

Wildpatch, Manager at Wild Patch Chocolate Making Classes, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thanks so much Marion and glad you had a great time! Yes, definitely a 'yummy way to spend a Saturday'! Glad you had a great time and hope to see you back again one day soon. Linda

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Had the best time learning to Make a Variety of Delicious Chocolate with a Wonderfully Accommodating Lady! A great few hours spent in a beautiful location just being creative and learning at the same time. I found it a very rewarding experience, because with the guidance of Linda I made something that actually tasted fantastic. Thank you and Highly Recommend this experience for people looking to do something a little bit different when they get away. She also runs two B & B's next door called Wild Patch Retreat, and she spoke of being able to do getaways where you stay in the B & B next door and do the Chocolate Making Class. Go the Honeycomb and Chocolate Crisp!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank LoftInTheMillOwner

Thanks and great to have been able to show you what we do! I know how much you love our cinnamon cashews in milk chocolate and our home-made honeycomb (that's then mixed with the best Belgian chocolate!).