“Great Vegitarian experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pie In the Sky
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Olinda
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Vegitarian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have dined at Pie in the Sky twice now, and can't say enough about it. I am Vegetarian, so the choices were fantastic, even though you think it is "just a Pie shop", it is so much more.
They have soups and salads, fries, and cakes galore!! The cherry pie and the sticky date are to die for!! Oh and the Vanilla Slices and and and.
Anyway, for a meal under $20, fresh hot food, cakes to take home or eat there, and food for everyone, please try it, you won't be sorry. And right next door is a lovely gift shop with some gorgeous dress jewellery, not to mention the Lolly shop out the back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ronny T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Big variety of yummy pies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was very busy but we got a table early on (12pm). The range of pies is fantastic, catering for all tastes. Everyone enjoyed their pies and the chips were pretty good too.

“Best range of pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a selection of pies, if you can not find one you like, then you do not like pies. Pastry melts in your mouth. You can eat indoors or on the outdoor veranda.

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Devonshire Tea - Scones - Up in the Dandenongs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

While I have been to Pie in the sky quite a few times, I went with my partner for Devonshire Tea on Sunday morning and wasn't disappointed. The venue was quiet most likely due to the weather but I prefer a quieter venue.

The lady who served us was, friendly, prompt and courteous. The scones were simple, but great, served with lovely jam and cream. I rate their Scones highly, twenty times better then the claustrophobic Miss Marple's in Sassafras, the venue also has an open and spacious atmosphere and we didn't have to wait to be served.

Olinda is also quite beautiful to meander around afterwards so it made for a great day out up in the hills.

1 Thank EliseP21
Melbourne, Australia
“Ok...but there is room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

First, what in the world is with the sewage smell outside this place? I'm sure it's not Pie in the Sky's fault, but oh my goodness....it's awful!!!
We were hungry so we ordered meals. My son ordered nachos and by the time he got it the cheese was dried and the nachos stuck together. Nachos are supposed to have cheese that is soft and melted and there was so much sour cream it was ridiculous!
My meal was ok, but after eating half the pie I noticed a hair in it and it was a blond hair. I'm not blonde. That upset me because I knew I wouldn't get a refund even if I asked for one. The potatos do not taste homemade, but perhaps from a box? The gravy was nice.
My husband enjoyed his. We all split a pecan pie and it was delicious.
I think if I come back here it will only be for fruit pie and coffee. No meat pies.