“Add this B&B to your bucket list”

The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation
Ranked #4 of 13 Olinda B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at Loft In The Mill recently. I came across their website by chance after searching for accommodation in the Dandenongs for a long time. I find other places to be very unpleasant.
Speaking with Loft In The Mill prior to booking they were helpful, polite & nothing was too much! Even letting us check in at 11.30pm! As soon we opened the door our breathe was taken away. The room was absolutely beautiful. I didn't want to leave. They were thoughtful enough to put the heater on for us, being winter it was very cold. They all their own little personal touches that make it special compared to other places I've stayed. They also extended our check-out to midday which was really lovely!
We hoped to stay their one a year on our anniversary & try out all the different rooms!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 24, 2013

When I was looking for something last minute in the Dandenongs, their website and rooms were very appealing. I only stayed the one night to have some me time but wished I could have stayed longer. On arrival I was welcomed by a lovely couple who were happy to attend to my every need. They also upgraded me to the loft suite because it was a quiet night which was a lovey surprise. The Loft suite was beautifully decorated with a spacious lounge area, including fireplace and kitchenette and a continental breakfast included so I didn't have to eat out the next morning. The room also included a large spa bath and beautiful King size Four Poster bed in a separate room. I also took the opportunity to have an in-room Massage by one of the local mobile spa resorts so I didn't have to even leave my room. It was quiet and had a lovely surrounding gardens and only a 2 minute walk into the town to explore at your leisure. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Any of there rooms would be enjoyable to stay in. No pool or fitness centre but its not needed for t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you really want to just get away for a short or long weekend, make sure you stay here. The staff (Donna and Brad) are very hospitable and go out of their way to make you feel very relaxed. I give this B&B 5 stars for the accommodation, location in Olinda, staff knowledge of the local area and willingness to assist with our needs.

Room Tip: All rooms are worth a visit. We stayed in the Tudor suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shiraz M
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The room was just perfect, it was a step out of everyday life into a touch of luxury. It was warm and cosy as soon as we stepped into the room. Everything was beautifully set out. The kitchen provided us with all we needed, as did the two bathrooms. We enjoyed a relaxing couples massage in our room all organised by the B&B, Then jumped into the deep spa for the evening. I would highly recommend Loft in The Mill to anyone looking for a romantic getaway in such a beautiful and captivating location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Firs Impression always lasts. The minute we arrived we were made to feel very welcome My daughter my sister & I Were in the loft Appartment. it was so cosy lovely log heater & the bedroom was really beautiful. Also lovely furniture.So handy to every thing.Restaurants & great shops straight across the road.The lady who was getting our room ready aas we weere early let us leave all our things & when we came back as it was very cold day had all our lounge heated.The only down side was we were only there 1 night.We will definately tell every one about this lovely place we also saw the King Arthur suite & anyone looking for a romantic get away it would be Ideal. Good photos on the internet to view all the cottages in that appartment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Such a wonderful place to visit combined with an excellent vibe. Lovely service and stunning room. Nothing negative to be said apart from wishing we could have stayed longer! Would highly recommend this establishment for anyone, whether you are traveling through the Dandenong Ranges, or are simply looking for a quiet get away.

We stayed in the Calico suite, which as I understand had been recently refurbished. An exquisitely modern bathroom coupled with our own personal and private courtyard, this room provided us with style, comfort and relaxation.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I travel to Melbourne from Brisbane annually on Business.
This year I was feeling totally over scheduled and frantic, so I thought I would tack on some 'me' time to my stay. A friend had recommended The Loft in the Mill on the summit of Mt Dandenong.
What a stunning piece of paradise, it was like another world for me.
I stayed in the beautifully and newly renovated Grovernor's Retreat. The room/ suite was so elegantly appointed with a fabulous attention to detail. It felt so indulgent. The owners, Donna & Brad are so accommodating and nothing is too much trouble.
Looking for a simple getaway myself, I indulged in a fire side soak in the double spa while catching up on a chick flick! I had a very comfy and cosy night sleep and a lazy morning with a late check out. I took in the gorgeous village of Olinda, coffee and some good shopping.
My experience was so nurturing and nourishing that I have decided to make this an annual event.
Thank you to The Loft in the Mill and I will look forward to seeing you again next year!
J9 - Brisbane

Room Tip: I think they have about 10 rooms to choose from and I believe they are all equally appointed. Whet...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank J9-12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olinda
Lochiel Luxury Accommodation
Clarendon Cottages
Clarendon Cottages
#1 of 5 in Sassafras
Woolrich Historic Garden Accommodation

Been to The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation? Share your experiences!