The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation
  • Breakfast included
  • Spa
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsking arthurherb gardenprivate courtyardtudor roomposter bedsitting areacarriage houseblack marbleboutique accommodationlovely roomon arrivalroom amenitiesfour post bedtwo person spa bathsmall showercollection of dvdsromantic hideaway
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Lovely,quaint and cosy lodge, perfectly located within walking distance from Olinda Village. Location is excellent in exploring the 3 villages - Olinda, Sassafras and Dandenong villages and the ranges and walking trails in the Dandenong ranges. The service is excellent, personally showing us the room amenities and with a great map to the local area. The Loft in the Mill also got us some discounts and free tasting platter with the local restaurants and they can make the reservations on your behalf as well.

The room (Herb Garden Suite) was clean, quaint, tastefully decorated to emulate its historical past of a mill. With a queen sized 4 poster bed, european pillows, great linene, armchairs, quaint showcase containing crockery, a logwood fireplace, airconditioner,an electrical heater, it is obvious that the design, items in the room were well thought through. A small kitchen area tucked into an old wardrobe space again indicated clever use of space. The kitchen area comprised of a microwave, a bar fridge, a toaster, and kettle, and basic cold breakfast of cereal, bread, milk, juice and coffee (with press!) and tea were provided, making it easy for us to have a lazy breakfast start to the day. The bathroom on the other hand meets our modern needs of a clean, tiled, sleek design, and a two person spa tub with a shower overhead. It was excellent soaking in the tub which was clean and well maintained. And Molten Brown toiletries, bedroom slippers, hairdryer, loads of fluffy towels and extra toilet paper were also provided. There is on-site parking. The Herb Garden suite opens up to its private garden which we did not get to enjoy much due to the rainy two days when we were there. But it was lovely.Stay was private, left uninterrupted and cosy. Exactly what we sought in booking a couple of days away in Olinda. So Loft in the Mill turned out to be a great accommodation choice.

Room Tip: Those suites with private gardems.on the ground floor would be more ideal for couples. Seems to have more privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
LoftInTheMillOwner, Owner at The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you Rinster for the lovely recommendation of our Herb Garden Suite which I have to say is one of our most popular privately entranced suites. In keeping with it's past the Herb Garden Suite was originally a Goldsmith's Shop and the Cupboard you speak of that holds the Kitchenette is in fact the old converted safe, shame the Goldsmith didn't leave behind one of his presents!

We love that you liked the inclusion of the Molten Brown toiletries which is a recent addition that we put in each suite across the board to further highten the visiotr experinec here at Loft in The Mill.

Kind Regards,

The Team at Loft in The Mill

Reviewed December 14, 2012

A lovely b&b in a lovely part of the world. The Loft in the Mill is perfectly located within Olinda, with many restaurants within walking distance.
The owners were very friendly, and helpful with all our requests.
We stayed in the Tudor room, which has a proper log fire, which was fully prepped, so very easy to get it going.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The property is a rather quaint old building and we had booked their budget room but it came equipped with everything you need. We had a 4 poster bed and breakfast which they say is included in the rate is pushing it a bit far if you are staying more than 1 night. In the fridge there are 2 small bottles of juice and some of the little cereal boxes and a loaf of bread......this was for 2 breakfasts x 2 days. There was no room service and no change of towels and nowhere to dry used towels. Internet reception along with TV reception is at best patchy.....we had only 1 tv channel but we are in the mountains! The hosts were lovely and very friendly and suggested we dined up the mountain as there was a complimentary limo service. It was fantastic and the restaurant was well priced with lovely views over the City. The location on the main road means it can be noisy.
I suspect there are better rooms than ours but it didn't match the 4.5 stars were were expecting. But the area is beautiful.

Room Tip: Go for the best room you can afford!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Keith, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy every moment of your stay. As you know you stayed in our budget suite the Victorian Suite which goes out at $240 for the two nights midweek that you stayed, and agreed this suite is not the 4.5 star rated suites that the other more expensive suites are, however I would like to add that it exceeds a 3.5 star rating with the white marbled bathroom & Queen Sized Mahogany Four Poster Bed with Sealy Posturepedic Mattress not something that you would find in similarly priced and rated suites elsewhere.

What you described as "breakfast included in your tariff" is accurate, however my apologies as owner go out to you as the amounts that you have described are only for a one night stay, and you should of had double that waiting for you in the kitchenette upon your arrival.

As we explained when you checked in there is a 24 hour night phone located immediately to the left of the reception door for your use outside of the reception hours of 10 am to 6 pm every day, this phone being about ten metres from your suite's front door and if you had simply picked up that phone I would have been happy to have immediately re-programmed all the Television Channels. We have power assisted aerials in each suite to ensure the best quality reception that one could expect from the LCD Digital Flatscreen TV/DVD Player's. Some guests choose to use computer games on these LCD Screens in the suites and this has been known to make some channels drop out in the process, but we experience the same variety of television channels that the Melbourne CBD does. What a shame that you had to put up with one channel for two days, obviously the 400 odd free DVD Movies in reception that we indicated to you upon check in didn't interest you either?

We have booster arials for Wireless Internet throughout the property and your suite was only ten metres from the actual modem, so that's interesting, we haven't had anyone experience problems with getting Broadband coverage on the property before, and we have over 6000 people stay with us in our various suites each year.

I can't agree with your description of experiencing passing traffic noise in the Victorian Suite as it is the equivalent of triple brick construction with double glazed windows, and I would challenge anyone if they were inside this suite, and had all the windows closed, to hear anything of passing traffic.

Kind Regards,

Owner,
Loft in The Mill

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed with you guys for one night only but I have to say the stay may’ve been short but the Victorian room I stayed in was fantastic and had such a lovely homely feel to the room, made me wish I was staying longer. I mentioned to the lovely gentleman when I checked in that I will be coming back with my partner in the not too distant future, hoping around the Christmas time so we will definaitly be staying longer then. The service you guys offer is exceptional, so much I posted on my facebook page telling everyone how beautiful the place was!!!

So thankyou again for a wonderful stay, and I will definaitly be back.

Room Tip: Such exceptional value!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Absolutely in love with this hidden gem of a hotel! Can't say how much I enjoyed my stay from when we first stepped foot through the front door until when we had to sadly leave. My partner booked this hotel for our anniversary and he refused to tell me where we were staying...but I got a nice surprise when we arrived. We stayed in the King Arthur Suite and it is so delightful and tastefully decorated to fit in with the theme. We had our own private courtyard, which was a nice way to start the day by eating breakfast and enjoying the country air. Also included a spa which was JUST heavenly. I felt so spoiled! Out host also was just great. He gave us the warmest welcome and all the information we needed to explore the nearby towns (including maps!) By his recommendation, we decided to dine at the local tavern 'The Pig and Whistle' which provides very homey meals and decor. I noticed the fireplace and am keen to come back during the Winter to fully experience what this room has to offer. Thanking the hosts a million times for their hospitality! HIGHLY recommended if you're looking to escape the City and have a magical night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple