“Wonderful, Relaxing & attention to detail...”

The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation
Ranked #3 of 13 Olinda B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband took me to the loft in the mill as a birthday-weekend-surprise-getaway and I LOVED it! We stayed in the Hathaway room with the four poster bed, crackling fire on arrival, brand new corner spa, 400 dvds to choose from, and lots of gorgeous detail and cute little additions which made it a really special weekend. Would do it again in a heart beat!
They also had a special deal which included a limo pick up from the Mill up to Sky High for a three course meal (would be worth asking about). I thought i was being proposed to all over again! :) Totally recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Perfect weekend getaway! We stayed in the Herb Garden suite. Nice four post bed and two person spa bath. Staff were great about checking us in after we arrived late at night. Fireplace was pre-set up with logs and kindling, a small breakfast in the fridge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
LoftInTheMillOwner, Owner at The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your lovely words.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Loft in the Mill was the perfect place to celebrate my birthday. My partner and I stayed in the King Arthur suite and it was just beautiful. The spa was without a doubt the highlight of the room. It was extremely clean and the room was heated on arrival. The log fire was fantastic and my boyfriend felt like a real man lighting it haha. The property is in a great location and it was an easy walk to local shops. Staying here in winter was not a problem ast he fog and mist around the property made it that much more magical. Will return asap! Thank-you.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

THe loft in the Mill is a beautiful place, We stayed in the King Arthur room and it was wonderful. THe fireplace and the spa added to the experience. We have been trying to stay hear for about 2 years, but it was always booked when we wanted to go, so to finally get to stay there over the queens birthday made it worth the wait. Would stay again.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My partner and I spent the past night in the "king Arthur" suite, It was absolutely wonderful, Such a romantic getaway relaxing in Double Spa at the foot of the bed, While enjoying the warmth of the crackling log fire! It was so cold outside, but our suite was so warm, we got around in our robes and complimentary slippers, whilst eating the good quality complimentary choc-ies!! (Thanks) We try to get away 2 times a year and have stayed at many B&B's and this one was our favourite!

The staff at The Loft in the Mill were equally amazing, So helpful and had great advice as to where to go & eat. I even received a courtesy call to say I had left my shoes behind.. whoops.
The photos on the internet to the place itself were identical! It was nice to finally enjoy a place where it was what you see is what you get, but with a little more then what you expected!!

I will defiantly be recommending this place to anyone that will listen! Just hope it isn't booked out for our next stay :)

Room Tip: "King Arthur Suite!!- It was a fun & Romantic medieval getaway!"
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This Place was so beautiful!! tucked away in the mountains, I booked it on the internet, we were holidaying on a budget so this was the most expensive place we stayed but it was still affordable and worth every penny!! The staff were SO SO friendly and helpful, allowing us to check in early after a long haul flight and giving us lots of friendly help, advice and directions to the cool stuff in the area. The room was gorgeous, and the bed so comfy! we stayed in the victorian suite. I was staying with a friend but will definately be bringing my boyfriend next time as it is a very romantic setting!! it was beautiful. Very close to attractions such as puffing billy, skyhigh, and the Yarra valley it made the

Room Tip: great value, beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I must admit, the welcome at reception was fantastic and the rooms were clean and everything they were advertised to be. (We stayed in the Hathaway). We struggled with the DVD player due to no available instructions in the room and then we were "entertained" by having to listen to people staying above us enjoy their spa bath. Looked forward to a very comfortable sleep only to be awoken by the noise of strong wind early in the morning followed by the beep of a smoke alarm with a flat battery and then had to endure attempting to get ready in the dark as the power to the lights went off. Maybe this had something to do with an electrician working below our room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank moorboy_10
LoftInTheMillOwner, Owner at The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't everything that you would have expected it to be. I only wish that you had picked up the guest phone beside the reception door which is about 4 metres from the Hathaway Suite in which you had stayed and let me know and I could have done something about every one of your bad experiences immediately(with the exception of the wind) to ensure that your stay was more enjoyable. We live on site and the phone rings directly to whereever we are on the property 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We have updated our compendiums in the rooms with directions on how to use the DVD player which in this instance is located on the side of the 32 inch LCD TV so that hopefully no more people are confused by it's use. The noise from the spa above is an interesting point and one that no-one has ever brought to our attention in the four and a half years that we have owned and run the property. The floor between those two levels is of a suspended solid concrete slab and when I have stayed in that suite myself I never heard any noise from anywhere, despite there being people staying in the Loft Suite on the top floor above the Hathaway Suite.
We have received two Trip Advisor unsatisfactory reviews within 24 hours due to the construction of our new Herb Garden Suite Marbled Bathroom featuring a luxurious double spa bath, and again I apologise for you waking up without some lighting and power points in your suite working. All tradesmen that we have working on the renovation have been instructed to notify reception before turning off any of the electrical power circuits, or the water so that we can notify guests first. I spoke with the Electrician concerned who apologised to me and said that that one circuit was without power for only a short period of time, but of course this is of little comfort to yourself.
The next morning I was notified by my wife that your smoke alarm was beeping and immediately replaced the 9 volt battery in same so that it no longer beeps. Again I would have been happy to have fixed any of these irritations as they occured if only you had picked up the phone, so that when you left us you left with a better opinion of the Loft In The Mill experience.
I can't do much about the wind, nature at it's finest there.
Our Herb Garden Bathroom replacement has now concluded, having taking only four days but obviously two of those days were when the reviewers of the 22nd and 23rd of May stayed. Sometimes it can be a case of your damned if you do, but damned if you don't with Bathroom renovations and property improvements. Our guests expect a level of luxury when they stay at Loft in The Mill, and as we can afford it we have completely renovated each suite to acheive an outstanding resort venue for you to come and relax in. The next bathroom replacement is the Loft Suite between Sunday the 5th of August, 2012 and Friday the 10th of August and we have taken the precaution at obvious expense to ourselves of taking the two closest suites, the Victorian and Hathaway Suites which are both located on the floor below, both offline until Wednesday the 8th of August so that our guests stay is in no way compromised.
Again my apologies that your stay was not everything that you hoped it would be when your lovely friends purchased the Gift Voucher for your stay and I hope that you may reconsider Loft in The Mill in the future when you are looking at getting away for a relaxing break.

Kind Regards,

Owner
Loft in The Mill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olinda
Merrow Cottages
Valley Ranges Getaways
Valley Ranges Getaways
#1 of 13 in Olinda
Woolrich Historic Garden Accommodation

Been to The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation? Share your experiences!