“Nice hotel but has a few quirks!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Fireball92771
“Nice hotel but has a few quirks!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I checked in at the ABVI Mt. Pleasant on August 31, 2012. I have to admit that it is a nice motel, especially for their rates. I checked in with a government rate on a holiday weekend for $46...that's hard to beat. Upon entering the room I immediately checked the bed for bedbugs...thank God there were none. The room was very clean, I was very impressed.

As our stay advanced the quirks presented themselves. Don't get me wrong I could stay there again without a problem, but telling the good and the bad is what writing a review is all about. Right?

The motel is single story and has one ice machine. The lobby is in the center of the motel on the front. The ice machine is at the center of the motel in the back. There was a hall in the lobby that led directly to the ice machine, which would allow guests to go through the mo
tel interior rather than walk around the building...that is if management would allow you to use that door. Both times I attempted to use the door the lady at the front desk headed me off and told me I would have to walk around the building. That isn' t easily acceptable when your destination is literally within sight, some ten steps away. I did however bite my tongue and walk completely around the building both times that we needed ice.

Room 107 is next door to the lobby, and aparently management lives in an area above the lobby. At sometime near 3am it sounded as if they'd decided to have a bowling tournament. I have no clue what was going on. The noise stopped at about 630am. Perhaps it was just a fluke and will never happen again. I don't put too much stock into the noises keeping me awake because the real culprit was the squeaking fan on the A/C. We would run the air for about an hour, then turn it off while the room was cold to get a bit of sleep. We'd wake up hot and start the cycle again.

Finally, this hotel could use a mattress update. I love my husband as much as the next lady but that sunken spot in the middle of the bed was just too small for two.

Now, this probably sounds like a nightmare review but that isn' t my intention... it was a nice place...it is well worth the rate but remember it isn't a Hampton. It is a typical hotel stop along a busy four lane highway. Just avoid room 107 and you'll probably be fine. We were in town for two nights and changed hotels when we were unable to get another room for the second night.

• Stayed August 2012
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fireball92771
abvimtpleasant, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Dear Fireball92771,

On behalf of our staff and management, I would like to compliment you on your honest feedback in 2012. We do our best to provide clean rooms and hometown friendly service all at affordable prices. Since your visit, we have made numerous updates to our facilities. We hope to see you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country!

Regards,

Jay-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Mt. Pleasant TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
full-time travler
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

It's one thing to save money on light bulb wattage, but this motel went too far when they didn't provide a blanket. I awoke in the middle of the night with swollen and painful arthritic joints from the cold. The free breakfast was also lacking and consisted of toast, coffee & juice.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank cruzin_suz
abvimtpleasant, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Cruzin Suzin,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our motel. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than a perfect stay. We have taken corrective steps to assure that this will not happen again in the future.

Thanks,

Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Centerville
Holiday Inn Express Columbia

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!