“Southern Charm At It's Finest”

Mt. Pleasant Grille
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a nice restaurant. It used to be a pharmacy. It has been renovated into a restaurant. But the centerpiece is a authentic 1950's soda fountain. We started with fried green tomato's that were very delicious. The special today was country fried steak. It was good to. Then to top it off we got a scoop of homemade strawberry ice cream. If you are looking for good food and smiling faces look no further than Mt Pleasant Grille.

1  Thank John J
There are newer reviews for Mt. Pleasant Grille

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This restaurant is located in the cute little town of Mt. Pleasant Tennessee just a short drive S from Franklin, Tn and about an hour S of Nashville.
It's worth the drive- especially on the back roads because it is a most beautiful and scenic drive. On the way, you can stop at the James K Polk house in Columbia, Tn and then hit this diner after.
This diner is located in the center of town in an old building that has been amazingly restored. There is a soda fountain and long counter and stools that run practically the length of the restaurant. It is so beautifully decorated you just want to look at everything and every detail.
The food we ordered was fabulous.We ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer. They were different than what my Mother made but they were absolutely delicious. I had the fried chicken sandwich, my son had the Southern Style Chicken Tenders buffalo style which he loved, and my husband had the Club sandwich which was also delicious.
The bun on my sandwich was crazy delicious. I told the server they should make the buns available as a side order.
They do have many items on the menu that are not fried, so there is a nice variety from which to choose.
They make homemade ice-cream and they also frequently have live bands.
The device was excellent. We will definitely eat at Mt. Pleasant Grille again.

1  Thank GrooviGirl
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The food was good but nothing fantastic or unusual. Wait staff was great. Mt Pleasant is a quaint little town worth visiting.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited the Mt Pleasant Grille last Sunday just after Noon. Order consisted of BBQ Pork Sandwich and side salad for me. Chicken Wings for my buddy. By all accounts the food was very tasty. Salad ingredients fresh. They add potato stix and real chunks of bacon on top of their salad which I removed. Wait staff was exceptionally pleasant. The "problems" began about about 90 mins. later. First with my buddy radioing me thru our helmet-to-helmet communicator that his lunch was "not agreeing with him". Now we were on Bikes(M/Cs) about 30 mins from any facilities. Fortunately we made it back to civilization just in time for me to start experiencing some stomach distress. Two different meals; same result.
I noticed no other Bikes at that Restaurant. And I thought that odd since they used to be covered up when they were "Lumpys".

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We came down for lunch based on the reviews and it was great! The food was great and service was great! Atmosphere is eclectic, soda fountain with a modern twist! So happy we came down!