Hampton Inn and Suites Mt Juliet
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mount Juliet
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stay at a lot of Hamptons and were pleased to see this was one of the newer ones. It was very clean. It is also convenient to the interstate and several local restaurants. Where this Hampton falls short is service.

We are Hilton Honors Diamond members. When we were not welcomed as such, I had a bad feeling about it. The hotel did not appear to have many guests and I had expected a nice room or upgrade. We got neither.

Our room was on the back side of the hotel. We found out much later that this is the noisy side of the hotel as it faces the main roads and restaurants. The front of the hotel faces some businesses which would be closed and quiet at night. If management would work on their customer service this could be a 4 or 5 star location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are likely quieter. Avoid the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K2V2
Harold S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Mt Juliet, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you have come to expect from us. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We appreciate all of our guests and try to recognize our Hhonors Diamond members and we’re sorry to have dropped the ball in this respect. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a restful and rewarding stay and apologize if noise from the surrounding area prevented this. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us to experience the level quality service you deserve should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at this property on a Saturday night. I used Hhonors points so I can't speak to what the rate was, but check in was fast and easy. The room was very nice - standard Hampton - maybe more of an updated property, with modern furnishings and a nice size. My only complaint about the room was that the air conditioner was kind of loud and a little touchy....I couldn't seem to get comfortable with temperature overnight. Overall this hotel is a great location and seems comparable to other updated Hamptons I've stayed in. Some Hampton Inns/Hilton properties do provide a complimentary amenity for their Hhonors Silver and above members, such as a free bottle of water, which is always a nice touch after traveling, but this one did not and it's probably just me being a little spoiled, so I would not take their rating down because of that! Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gardentraveler1
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I arrived at this hotel and was given a non-smoking room that smelled like an ash tray. The front desk was very accomodating and promptly relocated me to a room on the first floor. The room was quite large and nicely furnished, but there were a few things that bothered me.

Room 125 is where I stayed and found that there was a rip in the carpet near the tile that exposed the nailing strip. You would step on the nails evertime you would walk through there with bare feet...brushingt teeth, showering, etc. I also noticed that the bottle of lotion on the sink looked like it was half used...not sure if someone used it, or if it was a refill job by the cleaning staff, but it was gross.

The TV was frustrating to use as you had to use a sequence of arrow keys to get out of the PPV style menus just to watch any of the free channels. The exercise room was barebones, with no weights and one treadmill that sounded like it was on its last leg.

There was an election on one of the nights that I was there and my room was right next to the "boardroom". The door slammed all night long while I was trying to work. After the 100th time, I waited in the hallway and spoke to someone from the campaign. I mentioned that they had to do something to stop the slamming, and they agreed...this only lasted for 10 minutes and then the slamming again. This went on past 11 pm until I finally went to the front desk to complain. The front desk staff was very nice and said that the candidate had lost, and that they would be leaving soon. The slamming of the door stopped shortly thereafter.

On a positive note, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was very nice with a good selection.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Scott L
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here with my son for a recent baseball tournament. I found this hotel to be very nice, safe and convenient. The food area staff was very pleasant also! Only downside was one clothes washer and dryer created quite a wait! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After driving for almost 12 hours, we decided to stop at this Hampton Inn. And boy were we happy we did!! This is a gorgeous Hampton Inn...definitely one of the best. The staff were very nice and helpful. It is extremely clean and beautiful. Very comfortable as well. After one night at our destination (the Hilton Garden Inn in Nashville) I was wishing we would have just stayed in Mount Juliet at this Hampton Inn!! Yeah...a bit of a drive but this is one great hotel!! I definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to, past or near Mount Juliet!!!!!! Even my mother liked it and she doesn't like much!!! She should have her own website and if she likes it...it is great!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms looked great to me!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night in late June 2012. We were please with everything about it - the location, cleanliness, the bedding, the room size, the breakfast buffet, the staff, and the reasonable price. Would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AdvisorFan000
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed at this Mt. Juliet Hampton Inn July 5, 2012. I booked this hotel and hope the pictures of the place were true. They are. Walked in the room and it actually smells nice and was very clean. Had a problem with the pack-n-play for my grandbaby and front desk staff was quick to solve the problem and was VERY NICE AND DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL I WAS AN INCONVENIENCE. Pool area was nice and clean. Breakfast was great as was the coffee. Some hotels I have stayed at have really bad coffee. Will recommend to friends and family and will stay there again. Thank You night staff and great job housekeeping.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Mt Juliet? Share your experiences!