“Not Impressed”

Ranked #84 of 123 Restaurants in Mount Juliet
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The fact that I grew up in Southern California, a mecca for Mexican food restaurants, and now living in the South, I take any Mexican restaurant I visit here with a grain of salt. Sadly, this restaurant is not great. I ordered the cheese enchiladas and beef tacos. The enhilada was good, but the tacos were flavorless. I ordered a blended strawberry margarita and it was literally the worst margarita I have ever had. We were seated near the bar, so I saw our waitress was the one to make the drink, as there was no bar tender to be seen at the bar. She obviously did not have much experience with making margaritas, it was too syrupy. I noticed the restaurant offers real cheap drinks and beer ceratins days of the week, I am guessing that's why people keep going there. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly, but there are other Mexican restaurants in the area, go there, pass this place up.

• Visited December 2012

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Took the grandkids for lunch today and boy, was it delicious.
The chicken quesadillas and the fajita were savory and moist-nothing rubbery or dried out here. The salsa was too warm for my taste but the chips were warm and fresh; everyone else enjoyed the dip. Our server was attentive and helpful. We never had a dry glass. I really like this place-very pretty too.

• Visited July 2013