“Classic southern meat and three blue plates - top quality”

Courtney's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Mount Juliet
Cuisines: American
Description: Owned by Tom Courtney
Description: Owned by Tom Courtney
now
“Classic southern meat and three blue plates - top quality”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Courtney's last year on a work trip and when I had the opportunity to return it was on my must go list. Both visits I had excellent home style southern food with generous portions. The cafeteria style setting is fun - you choose what looks good. The fried chicken has a light crispy crust and tender inside. The jambalaya is creole style with lots of tomato - not over spiced. The broccoli casserole invokes memories of church pot lucks - but Courtney's version features a sharp cheese, rice and broccoli that isn't overcooked. Yummy Mac and cheese. The turnip greens were a little bland for my liking but again- not mushy or overcooked. Great lunch spot to get food quickly. I'll look forward to coming back next trip.

• Visited September 2013

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Have been there twice in the past week. Many items are prepared when you order eg: fried okra and country fried steak. Service was good. Omelets were good and fresh. More than we could eat. Will continue to go there. Met the owner and he made sure everything was satisfactory.

• Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing Country Cookin'!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After driving past this restaurant for three years and always seeing their packed parking lot I finally visited Courtney's for dinner. I have to say my family and I all really enjoyed our meals. My brother and I got the fried chicken, which was good, a bit on the dry side, but not bad at all. My son got the meatloaf and loved it. All the sides were delicious, especially the coconut meringue pie for dessert that was out of this world! The staff was super friendly and attentive. We were extremely happy with our entire experience and look forward to dining here, again.

• Visited August 2013
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
“Hometown Place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family really enjoys visiting this place. The food is consistently good. We have been very pleased with lunch and dinner meals (only tried one breakfast, that was not the best). This restaurant is very popular on weekend evenings, when local entertainment takes the stage, so seating can be crowded, and service can be less than perfect, but that happens on occasion, at popular spots. The owners and servers are all friendly, and really try to make the customers comfortable. As someone who is salt sensitive, I have to watch what I eat there, since I find home-cooking can often be over salted, but the choices are plenty. Relax, enjoy the hometown atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
“The worst service in my life.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

In the 40 years that I have eaten out, this was unequivocally the worst service I ever had. I cannot comment about the quality of the food because I left after my wife finished her meal and they still could not get my order right. Then one of the staff members followed me out taunting me.

• Visited May 2013