“Absolutely RUDE waitress!”

Los Compadres
Ranked #76 of 127 Restaurants in Mount Juliet
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Absolutely RUDE waitress! This is a new restaurant in Mt Juliet, so we were anxious to try it. My wife's fish tacos were good, my enchiladas were small and good, but not outstanding, and our margaritas were well mixed with a healthy dose of tequila. HOWEVER, the strangest thing was when we ordered the margaritas. I am in my mid-50s and look every year of it. The waitress asked to see both our IDs, so I grinned and opened my wallet, expecting a cursory glance at my driver's license. But..NO! She looked carefully at the license for about 10 seconds, then began to grab at my wallet, saying "Mind if I take it out?" She had trouble getting it out, but just as I offered to help she finally was successful in removing it from the wallet. Holding the license close to her face, she spent a great deal of time alternating between looking at the picture and glaring at me. THEN she flipped the license over - you know, the organ donor side - and spent a good ten seconds studying that for no apparent reason. It was then abruptly handed back to me with a grunted "OK." My wife's license was subjected to the same lengthy inspection.

I have no issue being "carded" to fulfill some restaurant policy or state law, but it's pretty dang obvious that I'm over 21, and it was embarrassing and uncomfortable to have my wallet grabbed from my hand and my license subjected to a lengthy level of scrutiny that exceeds what occurs when I fly commercially! I felt like a terrorist suspect - and all because I ordered MARGARITAS? Sheesh!

There are newer reviews for Los Compadres