“Clean, attractive place with good chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Zaxby's

Zaxby's
Ranked #86 of 122 Restaurants in Mount Juliet
Cuisines: American
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Clean, attractive place with good chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a grilled chicken salad for lunch on my first visit inside the Zaxby's dining room today. We've gotten take-out from here and really liked the chicken. I don't eat a lot of sauces but I'd say that theirs is not much different from anybody else's. I liked the grilled chicken but expected it warm and it wasn't, did not like having fried onions in my salad. Really? They are just like the ones some people put on green bean casserole-not me. I'm no fan of those. If I come back, I'll ask them to leave those off. Another big negative for me is the dressing. I had the Mediterranean which was fair but I truly hate for any condiment to be served in a squeeze bag!
The dining room is bright, interesting and clean. If you like loud honkey tonk music, you'll be comfortable. The woman who took my order was very nice, patiently explaining the choices and was efficient. It is a place where you order, self-serve your drink and go get your food when your order number is called. After that, you are on your own. The salad bowl was real-plastic but the dinnerware is plastic. You have a tray and bus your own table. No one who came by wiping tables spoke or offered to take my tray. OK. Got me some take-out. Fried chicken for supper! Looks like I'll be a drive-through kind of customer in the future.

• Visited August 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Where's the Chicken?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Zaxby's has not really ever impressed me. Their chicken strips are so small and taste average and the fresh fries always seem limp and no crisp. Now as for their salads, those are pretty good, as well as their toast, and on the occasion I end up dining here because someone in my work group wants to I opt for the salad. When it comes to Zaxby's I can take it or leave it, there are other places I'd rather dine at. Sorry Zaxbys....

• Visited June 2013
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was not happy with Zaxby`s it was way overpriced for the amount of food you recieved. The quality was average at most. I have had better chicken at KFC and at a better price.

La Vergne, Tennessee
“Really good Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Zaxby's chicken is the best in the area. Their breading makes the difference. I've had The Nibbler'z meal, the Tenders meal and the Grilled Chicken Zalad (their spelling) and all are good. Their cole slaw is some of the best around good flavor. My husband likes the Tongue Torch Wings. We both love that they have crinkle cut fries. It reminds us of our childhood. Besides the food, the current general manager, Michael is very accommodating and very friendly. He is customer oriented and has a good rapport with his employees. We would highly recommend this Zaxby's. It's one of our favorite restaurants.

• Visited November 2011