“Great Riding”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I used to own horses years ago and I have been wanting to ride for awhile now. My friend and I went one day and had an excellent time. The guides were very friendly and professional making sure of everyones riding level and matching them with horses. There were several young kids in our group and they were put on perfect horses for them. Knowing and training horses, their horses are well taken care of and treated well. I noticed a lot of the horses had hackamores (bridles without bits) which was encouraging since if you can use one it's better on the horse and it means the horse is very responsive and calm. Since I have experience they put me on a new horse they had gotten and she was just fine, just needed someone who knew what they were doing. I rode for a bit with one of the children who was petrified at first but her pony was very calm and I watched it adjust to her. She was having funny a quarter of the way through! My girlfriend that went with me had only been on a horse a few times so she was really nervous when we were split up in the lineup but she said her horse was great. The trail wound through the woods and through one small creek, very relaxing and just the way I like it. There was no galloping back to the barn at the end which says a lot about the horses being cared for. All in all the horses looked great from hoof to tail. Saddle and equipment were in good shape and fit to the horse and adjusted properly for the rider. When I go to riding stables these are the things I stand back and watch. Juro Stables had been the best riding stable I've seen in over 20 years. Kudos!!! I will definitely go back until I'm able to get my own horse. :)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank horswhisprs

ottawa
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went during a major heat wave, in the late afternoon. Horses were very hot, as were the riders! Bought a Groupon for this trail ride, certainly would not pay full price. Staff very nice.

1 Thank OttawaJoan
Chicago, Illinois
“Superb Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Super Fun! I found this place on Groupon and after reading a mixed lot of reviews on Trip Adviser I wasn't sure what to think. I decided to not purchase the Groupon as the reviews seemed to indicate that the owner treated people poorly who used them. The discount wasn't that substantial so I just made a reservation and paid full price ($25 for adults 17 & over, $20 for 17 and younger for a one hour tour guided trail ride). The facility is a true working horse farm, it is well worn and used and authentic. The workers were super kind and helpful. We were in a group of 10 riders and a guide. The horses were tame but real. The path winded through streams and foliage and woods, the horses walked through and across and along streams and hills. It was a super experience. We tipped our guide generously as we were so thrilled with our experience. Two thumbs up!

La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome good clean fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's been a while for my wife and I to ride and we had a blast. I read on another review that the horses had a mind of there own and yes they do but for the most part they were just avoiding the mud. A few times we went through trees and brush but they're horses and that's what they do! We had a great time and the staff was excellent and so were the animals. This is a must due especially if you use the Groupon deal you can't beat it. Word of caution: if you're bringing children they don't have small horses and they don't provide safety equipment just pure clean fun!

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Horses are beautiful but they have a mind of their own...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Juro Stables is a great place to go on a day trip! The guides really helped me (as I have never ridden a horse before). The only negative thing is the horses themselves. They walk right through large trees and shrubs and at times you will have to duck or get scraped by the sharp branches.