“Superb Fun!”
Review of JuRo Stables

JuRo Stables
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Super Fun! I found this place on Groupon and after reading a mixed lot of reviews on Trip Adviser I wasn't sure what to think. I decided to not purchase the Groupon as the reviews seemed to indicate that the owner treated people poorly who used them. The discount wasn't that substantial so I just made a reservation and paid full price ($25 for adults 17 & over, $20 for 17 and younger for a one hour tour guided trail ride). The facility is a true working horse farm, it is well worn and used and authentic. The workers were super kind and helpful. We were in a group of 10 riders and a guide. The horses were tame but real. The path winded through streams and foliage and woods, the horses walked through and across and along streams and hills. It was a super experience. We tipped our guide generously as we were so thrilled with our experience. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's been a while for my wife and I to ride and we had a blast. I read on another review that the horses had a mind of there own and yes they do but for the most part they were just avoiding the mud. A few times we went through trees and brush but they're horses and that's what they do! We had a great time and the staff was excellent and so were the animals. This is a must due especially if you use the Groupon deal you can't beat it. Word of caution: if you're bringing children they don't have small horses and they don't provide safety equipment just pure clean fun!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Juro Stables is a great place to go on a day trip! The guides really helped me (as I have never ridden a horse before). The only negative thing is the horses themselves. They walk right through large trees and shrubs and at times you will have to duck or get scraped by the sharp branches.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We used a Groupon. My advice, Tip #1 make your reservation and at the END of the phone convo mention the Groupon to avoid being stuck in more expensive afterhours slots.
Tip #2 one female owner is a slightly rude & aggressive person. Don't take this personally & DO be the bigger person & be overly friendly. It gets you farther than dishing it back!
Tip #3 go for weekdays & mornings if you can. Fewer people, less chaos, fresher horses, cooler temps.
Tip #4 if you are nervous or very inexperienced, ask for a docile horse but they'll probably ask you about this first. Mine was "Flash". He was SO laidback. The guide named Carla is great by the way. I never met the sassy owner once we arrived. My hubby, 2 boys (11&15), & my 60+ year old parents did this with me. Great & relaxing time. Peaceful woodsy, hilly scenery. Some dry creeks. Good healthy horses. All are rescues.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our kids are 13, 12, 10 and 8. Their grandparents purchased a groupon for us all to go for a ride. Two of our kids had never been on a horse.

The experience was GREAT for all! Everything worked like clockwork. We arrived a few minutes early, took some pics with the chickens, turkeys, and horses - then at 10:30 (our appointment time) the horses were all saddled and ready to roll!

The guide took us on a great path through the woods and encouraged each of our childrent to take the lead at one point or another, keeping the horses at a nice steady pace. (Note: We did see another group while out on the trail that took a different path to allow some more experienced riders the opportunity to ride faster through open fields.)

We all look forward to going back!