“Exceded expectations.”
Review of JuRo Stables

JuRo Stables
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Driving home to Wisconsin from Florida over spring break, we decided to check into horseback riding in Tennessee. Our concierge at our hotel found Juro Stables online and printed out the details. My husband called Juro when they opened the next morning (Friday 4/5) they politely told us they had availability that morning. We rushed to get there and they went out of their way to hold four horses for us. We ended up a half an hour late and they made a special ride just for us. Carla and her daughter took us out and we had a great time riding through the woods. She took plenty of time to explain and give pointers along the way so that my kids understood what to do and how to do it.
I am very skeptical of the poor comments people leave on trip-advisor. We kept an open mind and treat people like we want to be treated and you know what? We had a blast! Our horses were fun and fit our skill level. Farms are sometimes run down, consider this a rustic touch from your city slicker ways. Remember the gudes just don't take you around on horses: they shovel poop, haul hay and do all kinds of chores to make your ride a success. I appreciated and had fun and my family has a wonderful lasting memory.
Thanks Juro!

"work hard"
"taking care"
"her birthday"
in 2 reviews
"guides were super friendly"
"loved every minute"
"wonderful ride"
"saw deer"
"off the beaten path"
"in great condition"
in 19 reviews
in 11 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The majority of riders are from out of town, on vacation, and cannot really ride. The guides do not usually adjust the stirrups for the riders or give them much instruction on how to turn the horses,stop or go. They know the riders are from out of town and will not be back. The horses are mostly from auctions or rescues and generally just walk in line. The customer service attitude is almost non existent. The price is good but that is about all. If you are a rider or know horses, you will not like the ride. If you don't really ride, you probably will be OK.

4  Thank wbn111
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We try to take a trail ride everytime we are on vacation and came upon this place while in Nashville. My wife called to make a reservation and her first impression was these people are not very nice (which she rarely says) but we just figured someone was having a bad day. We booked an hour and a half and the pricing was fair so no problem there. The biggest complaint I have was the ride started 10 minutes late and ended 20 minutes early. So we only really got an hour. I wish I had looked at the time on my phone before I handed over a twenty dollar tip for two. The horses are robotic and not much fun for anyone with riding experience. The trails not very interesting.

7  Thank Tellithowitis06111
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The place looked pretty rundown and was very muddy, but I didn't let that bother me at first. Went to pay and was reminded again to tip the guides because the tips are the only money they make. I had been told that on the phone also. What seems odd is that on their webpage they reccomend a minimum of a $5 tip per horse used, but when you call and then in person they tell you that the average tip the guides get is between $7 and $10 per horse used. Then we waited for others to arrive before starting. There ended up being at LEAST 16 riders with the 2 guides. The guides did seem very nice and seemed positive etc. But we had chosen the 1 hour trail ride option and were only riding for 40 minutes... It did take a good 30 mins to get everyone on the horses and ready to go, but that's not our fault that they booked such a huge group. It made me not want to tip the guides because we paid for a 1 hr ride and only got a 40 min ride. I really thought the guides (two women) did a good job, but we didn't get what we paid for. That in addition to some of the things I've read on here about other people's much worse experiences make it where I won't go back.

5  Thank Hockeykix
See more reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for me and my 9 year old daughter. My daughter has never been on a horse so this was a good price to see if she liked it. The owner was so rude when she found out we had a Groupon. She wanted to add on extra charges plus reminded me over and over I had to tip. I called to change my reservation 24 hours ahead of time and she started yelling. She said she was done with me and my Groupon and we were not allowed on her property. Crazy!! I would not want to take children here at all with someone like that working there.

10  Thank DEBSU