“Difficult in and out”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mount Juliet
Kendallville, Indiana
“Difficult in and out”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Hotel was mostly clean, although others in our travel group found items in their rooms like a used sippy cup under the bed and questionable wrappers beside the couch. Our room was nice. Our room had a pull out bed with the couch. We were a bit surprised that the sheets to that bed were not in the closet as is with other hotels we've stayed at. I had to go downstairs to the front desk clerk to get a set of sheets for it. There wasn't a fitted sheet in the set which was a bit surprising, however, they did have 2 flat sheets which worked okay if you tucked the bottom one in.

The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. When something ran out they were quick to replenish. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast. Can't complain about it. There was a lot of selections for breakfast.

One of the front desk workers was constantly on the cell phone talking to someone (personal call). Other than that one person the others were extremely helpful and cheery and seemed to like their jobs.

The worst thing about the hotel was location. It was sometimes hard to get onto the drive where the hotel was from the main drag if you had to cross traffic. Also getting out was horrid if you had to make a left hand turn to go back towards the interstate. You had to make a right turn then go down a ways and turn around and come back. That was what we found was the easiest. They should probably purchase some extra land behind the Arby's and make another access road up to the next road that has a stop light. That would probably help out the guests a lot that are needing to head back to the interstate.

All in all I think when we do return to this area we would possibly consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Steelcurtin
CSmtjuliet, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Mount Juliet, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the area. I apologize for the guest services agent talking on her cell phone. The manager and I have spoken to the staff and they understand the procedures for personal phone calls. I am also sorry about our entrance, we know it is difficult to get out of during prime hours and we are working with the city to resolve this issue. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Hotel was newer and clean, which was a plus. The beds had bed bug mattress covers (which doesn't mean there couldn't be bed bugs, just means bed bugs won't get into their matresses). My husband is a service manager at a pest control company so he checked our room and my parents room to make sure there weren't any bed bugs. Always check your bed at every hotel, whether it's a 5 star hotel or not. Breakfast was just ok. There was a waffle maker which is always a plus! Pool was nice. Staff (especially front desk) wasn't attentive at times. Didn't feel like a valued guest, just felt like a paying guest. Overall it was an average stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the area. We strive for excellence knowing you have many choices for accommodations. We appreciate when the guest sends us comments about their stay that just tells us what we need to work harder on. I am sorry you didn't feel like a valued guest, and would love for you to give us a second chance. We have updated our breakfast since your last visit, and I believe you will be very satisfied with it!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The night the Nashville Airport DoubleTree gave away our reservation, at 1:30 in the morning, the Comfort Suites at Mt. Juliet took us in and made us very comfortable. The room was lovely, the front desk clerk was friendly, VERY helpful and extremely efficient. They were able to accommodate us and send four very exhausted travelers to bed in about ten minutes. What a welcome!
The complimentary breakfast was outstanding! The breakfast area was a generous sized space and the service personnel "brought their A Game!" If we are back in the area, this is a place we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and for the review. We hope to see you again soon!
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed overnight last minute while house hunting, All the other hotels around this area were full. I know know why this was the only one with rooms left! After a very long day, we were tired, I called around to hotels to see if any had government rates. On the phone I was told it was $89 for the night with a valid ID, I asked if we could just go there and check in, we could (I just don't like using my credit card on the phone) so hung up with her. Thinking my husband could handle it he went and checked in, the front desk clerk told him there was no government rate available for us and they only had a few rooms left. So he booked it for the price of $131.46 with tax. He didn't tell me until later I should have gone in and called back the reservation line and booked it through them! Asked the front clerk about it and they said they couldn't change it. Was 100 out that day so went to go swimming pool was freezing which would have been good if it was outdoors, but was in an air conditioned room so was a little chilly, Hot tub was broken. Finally took a shower and went to lay down, found blood and small black hairs on sheets, called front desk, the girl said "gross, you can come get new sheets if you want" wow, So go down to front desk to be told manager is coming to my room to change sheets. This Manager was very nice, she apologized, changed sheets and left. Finally went to sleep. Woke up to horrible breakfast! Everything was empty as the lady in charge stood there after some complaints to her she finally refilled the waffle batter, brought out more milk, and muffins. Maybe they are only supposed to bring out so many every hour but I've been to a lot of breakfasts but this one of the worst. We ate a piece of toast then decided McDonalds! Save your time and just plan for something else! All in all if you want to spend some money for nothing more than a super 8 with better decorations, you've found your place.. Save your money and drive somewhere else.

Room Tip: Book through phone reservations if using a special rate, as they wont honor it as desk.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear about your stay with us and would love if you could give us another chance the next time you need a getaway. Please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to me to book your next stay with us.
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I hosted a Military Police Reunion here and this hotel was awesome! I came here two weeks before the reunion to check the hotel and the area out ans the staff was great, giving me a tour of the facility and offering tips on places to eat and things to do. I left thinking that I had done good in selecting this hotel out of all the others in the area. The first person from our group to arrive posted a comment on Facebook that he was there and that the room was great. I arrived and the manager greeted me and we went over the reservations that had been made and checked out the meeting room that we were going to use. The staff were all really nice and went out of their way the entire time to assist us in all our needs. Because the hotel facilities and the staff were so great the reunion, the first time we had all seen each other in 30 years, went off without a hitch. If I ever have a reason to be in the Nashville area again I will only stay at the Comfort Suites mt. Juliet! It was great!

Room Tip: Our rooms varied from the two queen room to the King with Jacuzzi Room and they were all great. No o...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing our facility to host your reunion! We enjoyed your company and hope to see you soon!!
Social Hill, AR
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My daughter (6 yrs old) and I stopped here for the night to avoid rush hour traffic in Nashville. I have stayed at Comfort Suites before, and as far as decor is concerned, this one exceeded my expectations. Loved the sitting area, size and feel of the bed, and was grateful for the fridge. The bed slept well and the room got as cold as I wanted it to be. Location was good~ it was a very short drive to a number of restaurants and a Kroger... but it did 'overlook' a trailer park... which was kind of weird. The girl who checked us in was nice enough. However, the girl at the front desk in the morning did not even acknowledge my presence as I made my way through the lobby to and from my vehicle... and 2 of the housekeeping employees didn't even attempt to hold the elevator for me when I was getting a luggage rack to take up to the room... one even looked right at me and I was less than 5 ft from the elevator door. I had only paid $25 more (internet deal) to stay at a hotel with room service and stellar customer service the night before this one. I definitely do not feel like this hotel room is worth $100/night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the area. I spoke with the housekeeping staff and they understand they should have waited and offered to help you. I am also sorry that the guest services agent didn't acknowledge your presence and I personally spoke to each staff member to ensure they understand the procedures.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We had a great time there during our stay. Service was great, and breakfast was also great, too. Room was very clean and spacious. We enjoyed the indoor pool and exercise center, and liked the close proximity of those to each other. We will definitely stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Juliet
Sleep Inn & Suites Lebanon / Nashville
Comfort Suites Lebanon
Comfort Suites Lebanon
#2 of 13 in Lebanon

Been to Comfort Suites Mount Juliet? Share your experiences!