Grand Ridge Brewery
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mirboo North
See available hotels
Opal Motel(Leongatha)
Yarragon Motel(Yarragon)
Meeniyan Motel(Meeniyan)
Morwell Motel(Morwell)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew chefgreat beertasting paddlegippslandstout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a night out with friends to try something different went to the Mirboo North Brewery. All meals were poor, fish was basically batter overcooked and no fish to be seen, Salad was just lettuce and oil, no vegetarian options so they tried to whip up some pasta with tomato sauce and it was unbelievable spicy and could not be eaten, parmagana (no one can stuff this up) was raw, Steak was supposed to be rare - so overcooked you couldnt cut it and dark all the way through. the bruchetta was the only nice touch so i advise if you go there just get a bruchetta at the bar..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank flash s
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

If you're just a guy or girl who likes a beer, then Grand Ridge Brewery is a great country pub. The beer is tasty and fresh and the staff are friendly. I can see it being a great, relaxed weekend away venue.

If you like craft beer and finding out about different, interesting beers, you'll be disappointed. Maybe I caught them on a day of back up staff - but I figure people who work at a microbrewery in any capacity ought to know something, anything at all about their product. I didn't think 'what's french about the French IPA?' was a hard question.

I saw. I drank. I left none the wiser.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank LauraInTheMountains
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Bought Atwood night stay voucher for my hubby two Xmases ago as Grand Ridge is his favorite beer. Having just been on a huge holiday I didn't want to stay away for 2 nights so called to see if we could take another couple and stay one night? Nothing was a problem from this first initial request til our time of departure.

We arrived last night in blizzard conditions. On entering the bar, it wasclear the locals had gathered for happy hr ($3.00 pots), and an "out of towner" had come in. It was then that Mitch came out from behind the bar with a huge smile and welcomed me. He gave me the paperwork to complete and offered me a drink whilst doing so. First impressions were very homely, warm and welcoming. A female staff member then offered to take us across the road and show us through the manor.

Thankfully they had turned on the heaters a while before we arrived so the Manor was lovely and warm. Great sized bedrooms, and we were very lucky to be the only visitors last night. Kitchen had everything you would need, and breakfast provisions were plentiful. The bathroom has been modernly renovated and was very clean. Beds were comfy and each room had a heater.

We dumped our luggage and headed over to the bar. Mitch and his staff were very welcoming and remembered all our names after first introduction. There was only one other table for dinner so service was excellent. Food was certainly plentiful and delicious. Whilst the menu wasn't huge, there was a good choice.

All in all, our stay at Grand Ridge was excellent!! We look forward to returning again but will stay for two nights next time. To Mitch and his staff, you are doing a great job, keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank serialholidaymaker27
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I bought my husband a voucher at the Melbourne Show that included two nights accommodation, breakfast, $30 off a dinner at the Brewery and a tasting tray each. What a bargain!

We arrived in plenty of time and spent a couple of relaxing hours sampling the excellent range of beers, playing pool and chatting with the staff. We were made to feel like long lost friends or favourite regulars! Exactly what we needed!

When we were shown the cottage in which we were staying we found a large and comfortable set up, admittedly in need of a couple of minor repairs, but clean and beautifully quiet. Plentiful 'cook yourself' breakfast in the fridge. Perfect for a couple that didn't want to be tied to a timetable.

Dinner at the Brewery was delicious and also plentiful. Once again the staff was lovely. We met the Chef and the Brewer and enjoyed a lively couple of evenings.

The town itself is very small, set in a very picturesque part of the Gippsland hills. During the days we explored several points of interest including Walhala and Tara Valley. Spectacular!

If you're hoping for City-like Hotels, nightlife and Touristy glitz, this is probably not the place for you. However, if you like meeting real people, relaxing with excellent food and drink, wallowing in rural splendor and generally putting the "Rat Race" out of your mind for a short time, give Grand Ridge Brewery a try. We'll be back again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tish67Melbourne
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The home brews at Grand Ridge were fantastic, and the meals were superb!
I had the chicken parma, and the chef was kind enough to make a special chilli aioli to dip my wedges in, making the meal the best Parma that I have ever eaten!
Congratulations Grand Ridge Brewery, you have provided me with the Parma that I have been searching for for almost a decade and you win my personal title of Australia's best Parma.

• Stayed: March 2012