This is my 200th review for Trip advisor in just over 5 years, so please indulge me a little.
In the past 5 years I have visited Jamaica 3 times, Spain 4 times, Dominican Republic twice, Slovakia, Morocco, Italy 5 times, Syria, Germany 3 times, USA twice, Bahamas, Switzerland twice, Egypt twice, Thailand, Cambodia, Dubai, Belgium, Mexico, France 3 times, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Portugal, Australia twice, Abu Dhabi, Greece, Croatia, Norway, Iceland and Poland. I may have missed some.
I hope my reviews have proved useful and informative.
At Milawa town, follow the signs for the Brown Brothers vineyard - the hotel is directly opposite. There is plenty of private parking.
A very friendly and efficient check in. We had booked a Sunset room and were told on arrival that we had been upgraded to a Buffalo Mountain view room. Sunset rooms face the road, but do get a sunset - Buffalo rooms face the vines and mountains, but get no sunset. There is no road noise from the Sunset rooms. It is a very, very quiet road. You could hear a dingo snore from 2km!! Not sure which rooms are the best really.
The initail impression was very good. Nice air conditioned public rooms, wide corridors and quality furnishings and art. There is a large and comfortable lounge, with good views across the vines to the mountains and a large patio area. There are nice fountains at the front of the hotel and well tended gardens.
We had room 20 on the first floor. The building is 2 storey. The bedroom was large with a king bed and high quality linen. Sofa, desk, fridge, tea/coffe etc. All very clean and tidy. The bathroom was a good size, with a large shower and good quality Moulton Brown toiletries. We had a nice wooden balcony, which ran across 3 rooms, so no real privacy, but superb views across the valley to the mountains beyond - a good place for an after dinner cigar.
There is an excellent pool area, with good quality loungers and sunshades. It was 40C when we arrived, so it was most welcome indeed.
We did have a few minor issues -
Water leaked from under the shower door and flooded the bathroom.
The sink did not drain properly.
There are insufficient chairs on the balcony - only 4 chairs for a possible 6 guests and no tables.
You can walk across the road to the excellent and famous Brown Brothers vineyard for some wine tasting and no need to drive.
We ate at the hotel's Merlot restaurant and had a superb meal. Capaccio of beef followed by beef fillet with a lovely leak and potato bake - washed down with an excellent shiraz from their own vineyard. The restaurant room is large and was not full, so lacked a cosy atmosphere. It would benefit from some portable bamboo or cane room dividers to add ambiance. The service was patchy.
I mentioned these minor problems to reception and the Operations Director, who was appreciative of the feedback.
Overall, this is a very good hotel in a wonderful location and we would have loved to have stayed longer. Just needs a few tweeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lindenwarrah Country House Hotel and Vineyard, at Milawa in Victoria’s north east, has set a new standard for guests on Victoria’s gourmet trail. Located in the Milawa Gourmet region and opposite Brother’s Winery & Epicurean Centre, Lindenwarrah is a unique blend of Australian country-style hospitality and international sophistication. The 40 individually decorated guest rooms are complemented by stylish lounges, sunny courtyards, soothing fountains, a vast rooftop terrace, fragrant gardens and an invigorating pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindenwarrah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenwarrah Hotel Milawa
- Lindenwarrah Milawa, Victoria