“race on in”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Melton
Ballarat, Australia
“race on in”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

stayed there on a friday night and was very impressed with the room , very modern and clean , there are also some rooms that have direct viewing over the trotting track if that is your thing ,restaurant was ok with reasonable prices , and the buffet brekky for $15 was really good value, whether you are travelling or have a function in melton it would be a very good choice to stay there , you never know you might even pick a winner and make it a very cheap stay.... unlike me

Room Tip: if you are staying on a friday night , and you like the horse racing they have limited rooms avail...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert C, Manager at Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear brinoel

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Quality Hotel - Tabcorp Park. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience & hope to see you again on Race Night

Tabcorp Park Melton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park and was really impressed with the experience of my stay there. The room was very spacious, well equiped, well maintained and pleasant. I had a great night's sleep and the staff were all really friendly. I would recommend the Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park to anyone.

Dear Rctuttleby

Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Although the room was large and modern, my partner and I didn't sleep at all!

The bed was terribly hard and our room was facing the freeway, where the noise carries and was really loud all night.

The receptionist was neither friendly or helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SerandDi
Dear SerandDi
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Quality Hotel - Tabcorp Park

At Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I guess if you stay at a hotel trackside, you should expect noise. But they were still calling races after 11pm, and your bed is perhaps 20m from the track. I had a throbbing headache all night after attending a function here. More attention needs to be paid to sound-proofing. While the room was modern and spacious, there was no cable tv and the queen bed was two singles pushed together. Instant coffee only - no plunger. Iron did not have a "steam" function.

Room Tip: Suggest a room across the corridor from the track - may be quieter?
2 Thank ExperiencedOz
Dear ExperienedOz

At Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you identified and prevent future occurrence.

Bundoora, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My partner and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this gorgeous hotel. Upon check in the staff were lovely and helpful and patiently answered all my questions. The room was spacious and modern and the bed was so comfortable. The heating worked well which is a must on a chilly Melbourne winter night and the bathroom was clean and well set out. I really cannot fault the room we stayed in. A+ quality hotel. We also had a meal in the bistro and the prices were fair and the food nice. All the staff were so helpful and we even got to ride in the courtesy bus. It's not often that you go to a hotel and be treated so nicely, it makes your stay so much more memorable and we want to say a big thanks to you all. If we are back your way we will definately call in again. Well done Tabcorp Park.

1 Thank Trish B
Tracy S, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Trish B,

Wow what a review, we would like to thank you for your feed back. We pride our selves on our hospitality in both our hotel and food and beverage outlets. Our staff were very happy to receive such great feed back.

We are so glad that we have made a lasting memory for you, we would like to welcome you back at a time suitable for you. Please donot hesitate to contact me to make your next booking.

Kind regards

Tracy S
Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for business and was impressed by the room size and the comfort of the king sized bed. Everything was spacious, including the bathroom. The continental breaky was average, but inexpensive. Location is fine if you don't have to stay in town.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AWise123
Dear Abby W,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seing you again soon.

All the best

Tracy S
Frankston, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Traveled up from the Mornington Peninsular, expecting a great night out. Accommodation A++++ all the way, Bistro food was good with pub style prices, Great Venue for watching the trots on a Friday night. would like to say I'd go back however I vote with my feet and I will never return.

Nearing the last race. You can expect to be shoved around and made to feel uncomfortable.
The Bistro gets converted from a Bistro to a Poker Tournament venue, We found our family sitting in the middle of the Poker game, as poker tables are rolled in and any patrons that are in this area are almost physically shoved out of the way, I noticed a few patrons get up and leave once this happened.

I spoke to the on Duty Manager and basically response was tough luck if you don't like it leave.

This left use with no option but to return back to our room.

Had this been explained on the Venues Website or when We booked in, We would have not gone ahead with the booking.

We have attempted to raise this problem with the Venue via email , However once again treated with disrespect as they couldn't be bothered responding.

All I can say is the people running the Poker side of things will shove you, glare at you and make you feel as uncomfortable as they can.

This is not a Family Friendly Venue.

Andy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Andy Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melton
Quest Caroline Springs
Quest Caroline Springs
#1 of 3 in Caroline Springs
Mercure Melbourne Caroline Springs
Mercure Melbourne Caroline Sprin...
#2 of 3 in Caroline Springs
#1 of 1 in Taylors Lakes
No photo provided
Gisborne Motel
#1 of 1 in Gisborne

Been to Quality Hotel Tabcorp Park? Share your experiences!