“Ripper pub, great tucker”
Review of Kevington Hotel

Kevington Hotel
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Mansfield
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a must go pub when in the Mansfield region.
We rode out on the HDs with a mate who was staying from Darwin.
We ordered 3 steak sangers and 3 stubbies. Took the stubbies out and sat by the river.
Sunny day excellent character filled pub, heaps of gold mining history here as well a few relics out the back.
Have eaten here a few times but only steak sangers and only for lunch.
Would be keen to have a main for dinner sometime...
Anyway back to lunch, I reckon we waited 10 minutes and the girl brought them out. As usual the steak was tender as and the rest was a meal in itself.
We'll done guys! Great to see a country pub doing what all country pubs should be doing!

1  Thank rod g

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great old country pub. What pubs used to be. I was there in winter but I think it would be a fantastic place to sit outside on a nice day and have a pot. Good on the owners for keeping its heritage

2  Thank Biggerwave
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food here is brilliant, served in a cosy dining room. I was absolutely amazed at the flavours of the salmon. This place is a must. It's fine dining quality food in a small bush pub.

1  Thank Jem000
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The pub is run down very tired and has lost its old world charm. I remember when this establishment had loads of local memorabilia there were many items of particular interest endemic to the areas mining past. Now its a little like a ladies knitting parlour painted a nice duck egg blue only lacking the chintz curtains. The toilets need to be given serious attention and the council should condemn them the smell when I was there was horrendous and insufficient for the number of patrons, men were urinating on the back of the building.
I was told by a local that the water supply is drawn on a gravity feed system from a mine that had flooded many years ago and the mouth of which had been walled up. I had serious concerns as to the hygiene and water quality heavy metals were used extensively in the process of gold extraction. I personally have grave reservations of drinking water or using ice made from the water sourced from a mine!
The menu was very limited and was very basic deep fried fish and chips, frozen heart shaped schnitzel romantic but a little to processed for my taste.
Best of luck with the accommodation I would not and did not sleep there drove back to Mansfield.

6  Thank David A
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a trip to Kevington for lunch with friends. The meal was lovely. The fudge was very nice. Great atmosphere.