“A Motel to Match historic Maldon”

Maldon's Eaglehawk Motel
and 1 more site!
Maldon's Eaglehawk Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maldon
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A very pleasant, quiet motel set in beautiful surroundings. The rooms are tastefully decorated in period furniture.

Maldon is listed by the National Trust as a Notable Town and it certainly is. The walks around the town are well worth doing, as one can soak in the atmosphere of days gone by.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joram48

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We just turned up, on the off chance we could get a room, Faye made us very welcome, and gave us the queen bed room, for the cost of the double .
It's quiet, clean, and the hot breakie was enjoyed by us both.
Loved the tranquil setting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank familyfour12
Reviewed June 12, 2012

$100 for a night in this Grandma looking motel is all I can bear, the room is very basic, old and terribly cold. Bed is uncomfrtable and TV is in the worst awkward location which can easily twist your neck after 5 minutes of watching it. And who invented this thing called continental breakfast? Even if you don't want it, it's inthe price tag, I rather get propert hot cooked breakfast and pay for the room only. The only nice thing about this motel is the owner was very nice lady, she is the most helpful and freiendly. But I think the motel needs some modern touch and better hot water pressure. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thewomby
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Myself and five friends spent long weekend staying at this lovely motel. The gardens are beautiful,the rooms were clean and well serviced with a lot more character the your normal run of the motel.The motel manager Fae is extremely warm and hospitable and nothing was to much trouble.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank uyamuz
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I plus another couple spent 3 nights at this motel in October/November last year.
"Faye" greeted us when we arrived in a very friendly, helpful and obliging manner.
We had booked two rooms several months prior to our visit and we were all extremely happy with our choice of accommodation.
The "country style" decor we thought was charming and very much in keeping with the colonial feel of the delightful town of Maldon.
From the table and chairs outside our rooms the outlook onto the garden area was lovely and although we didn't use it, the BBQ area looked inviting too.
We all had a delightful stay and intend on returning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tembomamba
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Make most welcome and was upgraded at no cost. Would recommend this motel for a nice relaxing stay while your explore the surrounding areas. Take a trip on the steam train to Castlemaine.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davwhite
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My mum and I booked by email to stay here weeks in advance of our trip to Victoria. We turned up late on a Sunday afternoon to check in, only to be told by the woman that our reservation was for the night before.

I had booked correctly and had received confirmation by email of the correct date and a room for one night.

After some to and fro and insisting that i had the right date and she insisting that it was for the night before, she abruptly said "well it's too late now because I have given your room to Trace and she is staying four nights." (implying that she was a mate and that, with four nights stay, was worth more money than us).

No apology given, no offer of another room (according to the sign out the front there were still vacancies), nothing.

My mistake was not having the email printed out ... but with her attitude to this point, there was no way I was going to give her my money anyway!

Problem was, there are very little other accommodation options in Maldon ... so I had to make a hurried call (via my trusty Lonely Planet guide) to the Daylesford Accommodation Booking Service. They were more than helpful and absolutely wonderful. They waited at the booking office for us to make the 30 minute drive back to Daylesford - after 5pm on a Sunday - to pick up the keys to our alternative accommodation. They were brilliant!

The same can't be said for this horror hotel.

I checked my email upon returning to Queensland only to find out that I was correct. I sent a scathing email to the Maldon hotel to which a simple reply was given "sorry, my mistake."

After ending up more than $50 out of pocket, plus the inconvenience of an extra drive at the end of a tiring day, I can safely say that we will never visit Maldon again.

I wish the people of Maldon could know how shabby this hotel was as they are the ones that also suffered from our lack of spending a single tourist cent there.

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed: September 2009
8  Thank MissKrislovesLeo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maldon
Campbell St Lodge
Palm House
#3 of 5 in Maldon
9 mi away
BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park

Been to Maldon's Eaglehawk Motel? Share your experiences!